Community Forum

A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: smallman28 | 07/2004 | 24 Comments

I am 34 myself and am very close to a 48 year old woman at my place of work.A year or so ago she had what was beleived to be a stroke at first but now having had several other seizures since it...

Created By: leannethompson1 | 07/2004 | 3 Comments

hi everybody, i am quite new here and just thought some of you may be able to help me a bit. the thing is i have epilepsy since i was a baby but it seems to have got worse i am taking tegretol but...

Created By: momof1 | 07/2004 | 2 Comments

The other night I had a number of bad seizures. Now for the past 2 days I haven't been myself. It is very hard to describe but nothing looks or feels right. Can anyone else out there relate...

Created By: metrogirly | 07/2004 | 11 Comments

I have just realized that the strange feelings I get every so often are simple partial seizures, they are not anxietyattacks and they are not some psychic gift from above, something I wondered...

Created By: limeridge | 06/2004 | 2 Comments

I was wondering if anyone out there has this problem. I go to a gym after work and just the other day I seen someone I haven't seen in a long time. When I seen this person memories came to me....

Created By: fionarose | 06/2004 | 2 Comments

Hi!How is everyone?Just yesterday I had the second seizure of my life, the last one happening seven or eight years ago (maybe even longer, I can't remember for sure). Based primarily on that and a...

Created By: marzipan71 | 06/2004 | 3 Comments

Hi Everybody,My name is Mary and I'm 33 yrs old and was diagnosed with epilepsy like five weeks ago. I have a great neuro and np. I guess my seizures are classified as complex partial to...

Created By: bellalee | 05/2004 | 18 Comments

Hi. I'm new here, my father told me about this site and I decided to check it out.I'm a 24 year old woman with general epilepsy. It's well controlled with Lamictal and I have an otherwise normal...

Created By: dmcamethyst | 05/2004 | 14 Comments

One of the types of seizures that I experience are abscence seizures and lately they have been increasing. I have also recently entered peri-menopause and I have been told that my seizures could...

Created By: kelpiedog | 04/2004 | 1 Comment

G'day I'm new to this area and am wondering if anyone can tell me if a Q fever injection could cause a seizure. I have already had one seizure and am not sure if I should have the injection...

Created By: gkt | 04/2004 | 1 Comment

I believe my experience with epilepsy began when I was in third grade. I had the many tests and was put on a couple of different drugs, until it was considered treatable. When I turned 18, and...

Created By: hdenbec | 04/2004 | 9 Comments

Hi, I am 52 years old and just had my first two seizures on the same day, out of the blue. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else in my age bracket, how you are coping with it, or if...

Created By: rebl | 04/2004 | 1 Comment

Hi,Oh, i'm already doing this backwards, i replied without introducing myself, and i replied to a post about weed of all things....Ok, I'm a 24 year old female who's been having tonic-clonic (...

Created By: bgaul | 04/2004 | 5 Comments

a couple of weeks ago i went out and had a few drinks with my friends. i usually dont have more then four drinks but it was my birthday so i had about eight. i expected a hangover and sure enough...

Created By: chatzs | 04/2004 | 22 Comments

I've read that it does. But I have my own theory on it. I believe that Epilepsy is like a Volcano – it can lie dormant for a very long time and then raise its ugly head again. We all know that...

Created By: snowdreamer | 04/2004 | 0 Comments

Hi The last time i had a seizure I was six years old and I remember that day like it was yesterday...after 30 years they are back. The kind of seizures I had were los of sensation on my left side...

Created By: tricichic | 03/2004 | 3 Comments

22yr old female student- For about 4 years my symptoms havn't changed: average 3 times per week/ almost all nocturnal seizures. Is anyone else feel there is no hope?

Created By: tinydancer143 | 03/2004 | 5 Comments

Can anyone help??? Does anyone know a highly recommended neurologist? I am trying to find one, maybe in New York City, or wherever as long as he/she is good.

Created By: speechlady | 03/2004 | 1 Comment

Hi, I'm new to the board and just trying to figure out the whole seizure thing. In brief, I had seizures 13 yrs ago and was on meds for 3 yrs then weaned off. In Nov I had a seizure - drop to...

Created By: scottaroberts | 03/2004 | 7 Comments

Hello there everyone, first post.I have been searching the Internet, and elsewhere, and I've heard anecdotal tales but no one has given me any solid evidence or word so I am hoping someone here...

Our Mission

The mission of the Epilepsy Foundation is to lead the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures, and save lives.

24/7 helpline