Become an Epilepsy Awareness Ambassador
Epilepsy Awareness Ambassador
Epilepsy Awareness Ambassadors are passionate and dedicated volunteers who work to grow epilepsy awareness across their community. Ambassadors receive a monthly newsletter that helps them to promote all areas of the Epilepsy Foundation’s mission to both people living with epilepsy and the general public. The Ambassador initiative is a “choose your own adventure” volunteer opportunity designed to provide options for Ambassadors with different interests and availability, allowing them to incorporate epilepsy awareness into their daily life and beyond.
- Become Seizure First Aid Certified
- Spread awareness in your community
- Understand and share Epilepsy Foundation resources and information
- Engage in awareness-centered activities to include:
- Educating the community through social media
- Participation and promotion of key Epilepsy Foundation programs and resources
- Organization and execution of awareness-based activities & events
- Review and sign Volunteer Handbook
- Follow guidelines within the provided Epilepsy Awareness Ambassador tools and resources
- Passionate about spreading awareness
- Responsible and accountable
- Experience using social media platforms a plus
- Knowledge of epilepsy and the Epilepsy Foundation or willingness to learn
Process, Trainings, and Resources:
- In order to become an Epilepsy Awareness Ambassador, volunteers must complete an online application.
- If selected, volunteers will need to complete the Epilepsy Foundation’s free Seizure Recognition & First-Aid Certification (On-Demand) training, Volunteer Orientation, and Volunteer Representation & Social Media training.
- Additional training tools and monthly resources and volunteer management will be provided by the Volunteer Engagement team.
Time commitment will vary by activities you choose. During months that Ambassadors participate, average time commitment ranges from 1 – 10 hours a month.
- Opportunity to learn more about epilepsy
- Ability to connect with, and build community Ambassadors through, Discord and social events
- Be part of a team of fellow awareness-minded individuals
- Participate in epilepsy education and network gatherings with Epilepsy Awareness Ambassadors
- Educate family, friends, and community members about epilepsy
- Increase awareness about the Epilepsy Foundation and epilepsy among the general public and people living with epilepsy and their families
Epilepsy centers provide you with a team of specialists to help you diagnose your epilepsy and explore treatment options.
Find in-depth information on anti-seizure medications so you know what to ask your doctor.
Epilepsy and Seizures 24/7 Helpline
Call our Epilepsy and Seizures 24/7 Helpline and talk with an epilepsy information specialist or submit a question online.
Tools & Forms
Download our seizure tracking app, print out seizure action plans, or explore other educational materials.