The Epilepsy Foundation partners with regional organizations nationwide to provide the care, advocacy research and education needed to fulfill its mission and mobilize action together to address the challenges of living with epilepsy.
We strive to provide members of the media with the most up to date and relevant information about epilepsy and seizures, including the latest research on therapies and devices, to help the more than 3.4 million people in the United States, and 65 million in the world, who live with epilepsy and seizures.
To lead the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures, and save lives.
- May 3, 2021 - Epilepsy Foundation Collaborates with Eisai to Develop Epilepsy Digital Experience Navigator
- April 14, 2021 - Washington and Virginia Pass Seizure Safe School Legislation Mandating Seizure First Aid Training for All School Personnel
- March 21, 2021 - Epilepsy Advocates Spread Awareness and Advance Key Policies During Virtual Capitol Hill Week
- February 22, 2021 - Epilepsy Foundation and State Legislators Champion Seizure Safe School Legislation
- February 2, 2021 - Epilepsy Foundation to Host Virtual Kids Crew “World Changer Celebration”
- February 1, 2021 - Epilepsy Community Calls for Rescission of Six Protected Classes Demonstration and Protection of Access to Anticonvulsants
- January 24, 2021 - Epilepsy Foundation and Senator Jen Day Champion Seizure Safe School Legislation
- January 18, 2021 - Epilepsy Foundation Rolls Out First Ever 2.6 Million Mile Challenge as Part of its Walk to END EPILEPSY® Series
- January 5, 2021 - Epilepsy Foundation and Maryland Elected Officials Champion Seizure Safe School Legislation
In The News
About the Epilepsy Foundation
With a network of partners throughout the United States, the Epilepsy Foundation is leading the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy. The Foundation connects people to treatment, support and resources; leads advocacy efforts; funds innovative research and the training of specialists; and educates the public about epilepsy and seizure first aid. For more than five decades, the Epilepsy Foundation has shone a light on epilepsy to promote awareness and understanding, and to advocate for laws that matter to people with epilepsy, while also funding epilepsy research and supporting epilepsy investigators and specialists in their early careers. In partnership with the CDC, the Epilepsy Foundation has helped to improve access to care for people with epilepsy, expanded its digital reach and online resources in homes across the country, and trained more than 600,000 people in seizure recognition and first aid. The Epilepsy Foundation continues to focus on serving the epilepsy community through advocacy, education, direct services and research for new therapies. To learn more visit epilepsy.com or call 1.800.332.1000. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Jackie Aker, Director, Public Relations
For non-media related inquiries, email ContactUs@efa.org or call our 24/7 helpline at 1-800-332-1000.
Epilepsy centers provide you with a team of specialists to help you diagnose your epilepsy and explore treatment options.
Find in-depth information on anti-seizure medications so you know what to ask your doctor.
Epilepsy and Seizures 24/7 Helpline
Call our Epilepsy and Seizures 24/7 Helpline and talk with an epilepsy information specialist or submit a question online.
Tools & Forms
Download our seizure tracking app, print out seizure action plans, or explore other educational materials.