Targeted Research Program
Targeted research programs provide pilot grant funding for hot-topics that you care about.
Currently, we are supporting research programs in:
- Cannabinoids: To help clarify the safety and effectiveness of cannabidiol (CBD) and other cannabinoids for epilepsy treatment and care.
- Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP): To identify ways to prevent SUDEP.This program is partnership with our SUDEP Institute.
Since 2004, the targeted research program has been supporting a wide range of topics.
- Mood Disorders (2004-2010)
- Seniors (2007-2010)
- Health Outcomes (2008-2011)
- Youth (2009-2013)
- Women (2010-2013)
- Morbidity and Mortality (2011-2015)
- Cognitive Aspects (2011-2013)
- Veterans (2014)
- Cannabinoids (2014 - present)
Is there a topic you believe the Epilepsy Foundation should be invested in?
Let Us Know
Email email@example.com with “Targeted Research Topic” as your subject line
Epilepsy centers provide you with a team of specialists to help you diagnose your epilepsy and explore treatment options.
Find in-depth information on anti-seizure medications so you know what to ask your doctor.
Epilepsy and Seizures 24/7 Helpline
Call our Epilepsy and Seizures 24/7 Helpline and talk with an epilepsy information specialist or submit a question online.
Tools & Forms
Download our seizure tracking app, print out seizure action plans, or explore other educational materials.