Epilepsy Foundation Indiana Province State
Our mission is to lead the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures, and save lives.
Mailing Address: 1100 West 42nd Street, Suite 140, Indianapolis, IN 46208
How to Contact our Staff:
Email us at email@example.com or call 317.759.4502
Crystal Hagans - Executive Director CEP: firstname.lastname@example.org or 937.401.3908
Victoria Colosimo - Community Operations Manager
Epilepsy Foundation Indiana sends out a monthly E-Newsletter, updating you on what is currently going on in the epilepsy community and specifically what we are doing across the state. You can subscribe to our FREE E-Newsletter easily by visiting here.
As we deal with COVID-19 across Indiana we at the Epilepsy Foundation want to continue to do what we can to support everyone dealing with epilepsy and seizures. This includes providing support and education as well as raising awareness. We also have to do our best to adhere to social distancing because some people with epilepsy regardless of seizure control have other health conditions that put them at higher risk from COVID-19. For more information on Concerns About COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Epilepsy click here.
Here are some of the things we are adding or continuing to do during this time:
- Virtual Office Hours, Personal Support, Information, Trainings, Resources and More – we will not be in the office on any regular schedule but are happy to set up a virual meeting by Zoom or phone call to support you. Please email us at email@example.com
- Virtual Training Options: Seizure Training for School Personnel/School Nurses
- In addition to online, the Epilepsy Foundation offers live trainings through webinar/zoom formats for school staff needing to be trained. Upon finishing the program, including pre- and post-tests, participants will get a certificate of completion. Click here to learn more/how to register. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions on trainings for Indiana.
- Camps – We are sad to report that all in-person 2020 camp sessions at CCK are not being offered, due to COVID-19. We are looking to see what other options are available via CCK and will update our community once we have word.
- Give 26 – New campaign that is simple campaign that can help us raise awareness and much needed funds. 1 in 26 people get epilepsy and if one in 26 people touched by epilepsy can give $26 and put the car magnet you will receive in the mail on the back of your car it would go a long way to raise awareness and support programs! Click here for more info.
- Advocacy - We continue to engage in advocacy both locally and nationally in topics that impact the epilepsy community. Advocacy is easier than you think and your voice matters. If you would like to look read about ways you can have an impact on you can do that here - https://www.epilepsy.com/make-difference/get-involved.
Seizure Safe School Act
Seizure Safe Schoos Act is currently in effect and requires that all new staff to a school system/staff that are due for re-certification on trainings are trained in seizure information/first aid for students. Visit here to learn more about these trainings and how to access these trainings locally!
Visit us on Social Media!
Toll Free Helpline: 1-800-332-1000 – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
The Epilepsy & Seizures 24/7 Helpline has trained information specialists standing by to answer your questions about epilepsy and seizures and provide you with help, hope, support, guidance, and access to national and local resources.
Epilepsy centers provide you with a team of specialists to help you diagnose your epilepsy and explore treatment options.
Find in-depth information on anti-seizure medications so you know what to ask your doctor.
Epilepsy and Seizures 24/7 Helpline
Call our Epilepsy and Seizures 24/7 Helpline and talk with an epilepsy information specialist or submit a question online.
Tools & Forms
Download our seizure tracking app, print out seizure action plans, or explore other educational materials.