Read the Latest Keto News Article
May 2017 - The Ketogenic Diet Results in Cost Savings to Health Care
Since 2007, Ketogenic News has been edited by Dr. Eric Kossoff, Medical Director of the John Hopkins Hospital Ketogenic Diet Program, one of the world experts on dietary treatment for epilepsy. This feature has become a "mini-book" with many valuable articles about how to make the diet work better for you or your child.
KetoNews includes new information helpful for patients, parents, and caregivers who receive or provide diets for the treatment of epilepsy. Cutting edge research, as well as helpful hints, are presented.
- March 2017: How to Handle When Children Struggle with Starting the Ketogenic Diet
- February 2017: Ketogenic Diet … for Neonates?
- January 2017: American Epilepsy Society 2016 Annual Meeting Ketogenic Recap
- October 2016: Banff Recap: Report from the 5th Global Symposium on Ketogenic Diet Therapies
- September 2016: Food for Thought: Does the Ketogenic Diet Improve Thinking and Behavior?
- August 2016: Ketogenic Diet Guidelines for Infants
- May 2016: New Results from a Large Adult Epilepsy Diet Center
- March 2016: Try, Try Again! Results of a Second Attempt of Dietary Therapy
- February 2016: How Do Families of Children with GLUT1 Really Use Dietary Therapies? Results of a Large Survey
- January 2016: What's New with the Diet?
- October 2015: Steroids and the Diet: A Recipe for Success?
- July 2015: Bringing the Diet to the World
- May 2015: Can You Give the Ketogenic Diet Intravenously?
- March 2015: Can You Fine-Tune the Ketogenic Diet?
- January 2015: New Ketogenic Diet Information at the American Epilepsy Society 2014 Annual Meeting
- November 2014: Report from the 4th Biannual Ketogenic Dietary Therapies Symposium
- August 2014: The Ketogenic Diet Goes Global
- July 2014: What is a Bibliometric Study?!
- May 2014: Effect of the Ketogenic Diet on Blood Vessels: Cause for Concern?
- January 2014: Top 10 Ketogenic Diet Articles of 2013
- November 2013: GLUT1 Deficiency Syndrome and the Ketogenic Diet
- July 2013: What to do when your Child Grows Up and Still Needs the Diet?
- May 2013: Continuing to Combat the Fear of High Cholesterol
- February 2013: Fasting and Absence Epilepsy: Reassessing Both in 2013
- October 2012: 3rd International Ketogenic Diet Symposium Recap
- August 2012: The Road to the Ketogenic Diet
- April 2012: Welcome to Chicago! The 3rd International Ketogenic Diet Conference
- March 2012: High fat and curry? A trip to witness the Indianization of the Ketogenic Diet
- January 2012: Top 10 Articles of 2011
- November 2011: Dietary Treatments and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
- September 2011: What to do When it's Time to Stop?
- July 2011: Summer Reading on the Ketogenic Diet
- May 2011: EEGs and the Ketogenic Diet
- March 2011: Diets and adults: an update for 2011
- January 2011: Top 10 Articles of 2010
- December 2010: Will My Child Get a Heart Attack?!? No! Long-term Use of the Diet is Safe!
- November 2010: New York Times Magazine Cover Story on Ketogenic Diet Therapy for Epilepsy
- October 2010: Excitement in Edinburgh: Report from the 2nd International Dietary Therapies Meeting
- September 2010: October in Edinburgh! Ketogenic Diets 2nd Biannual Conference
- July 2010: Infantile Spasms and the Diet: The Evidence Grows
- April 2010: The Ketogenic Diet Up North
- March 2010: American Epilepsy Society Annual Meeting Recap
- January 2010: Top 10 Articles of 2009
- November 2009: 911: Using Ketogenic Diets for Emergencies
- September 2009: Can You "Fine-Tune" the Ketogenic Diet?
- August 2009: Side Effects on the Diet: Prevention, Not Just Treatment
- July 2009: The Ketogenic Diet in a Bottle?
- June 2009: Diet Therapy for Epilepsy in the Mideast
- April 2009: Why is this Night Different from All Other Nights? Mixing Ketogenic Diets and Passover
- March 2009: Is There a Right Way to Do the Diet? The Consensus Statement is Published!
- February 2009: Does Ketosis Matter? Discussion at the 2008 American Epilepsy Society
- January 2009: Top 10 Ketogenic Diet Articles for 2008
- December 2008: A Remembrance of Life on the Ketogenic Diet 60 Years Later!
- November 2008: Using the Diet for Epilepsy First?
- October 2008: Siblings and the Ketogenic Diet
- September 2008: Grace's Magic Diet: A Child's Story
- August 2008: Ketogenic Diets: Not Just for Epilepsy any Longer
- July 2008: Ketogenic Diet Centers in the United States
- June 2008: Newly-released Results from a Randomized and Controlled Study of the Ketogenic Diet in London
- May 2008: The First International Dietary Treatments for Epilepsy and other Neurologic Disorders Meeting Report
- April 2008: The Ketogenic Diet and Antiepileptic Drugs: A Good Mix?
- March 2008: Ketogenic Recipes for Easter and Passover
- February 2008: Let's Meet! Exciting Past (and Future) Ketogenic Diet Conferences
- February 2008: Hearts, Flowers, and Almond Bread
- January 2008: Top 10 Ketogenic Diet Articles in the Medical Literature of 2007
- December 2007: Winter Holidays
- November 2007: Side Effects on the Ketogenic Diet: Identification and Treatment
- November 2007: A Happy Ketogenic Thanksgiving
- October 2007: Laboratory Notes on the Ketogenic Diet
- September 2007: Try It: They Might Like It!
- August 2007: The MCT Diet
- July 2007: A Mother's Plan for the Ketogenic Diet (Part II)
- June 2007: Preparing Yourself, Your Family, and Your Child for the Ketogenic Diet (Part I)
- May 2007: The Low Glycemic Index Treatment and the Ketogenic Diet
- April 2007: Modified Atkins Diet – More on the Plate than Ever
- March 2007: Do Ketogenic Diets Work for Adults with Epilepsy? Yes!
- Feburary 2007: Ketogenic Diet Research