#DareTo Go the Distance by getting your questions answered and connecting with resources through the Epilepsy and Seizures 24/7 Helpline. Each year more than 14,000 people contact our Helpline. The most common topics include:
- Treatment options for seizures and other medical concerns
- Legal issue assistance
- Seizure safety and first aid assistance
- Financial assistance
- Information and materials requests
- Finding a support group
Our Accredited Information Specialists Can Help You
Our well-trained and compassionate information specialists have more than 70 years of combined experience answering epilepsy-related questions and connecting people to support services. All of our Certified Information and Referral Specialists have received accreditation from the Alliance of Information and Referral Systems.
Our Helpline maintains an online database with detailed information on hundreds of national and local resources that support people with epilepsy and their families. You can also search the online database too through our 24/7 Helpline resources.
Using this comprehensive database, we can quickly find and connect callers to resources that can meet their needs. And if you need us to step in and advocate on your behalf with a resource, we can do that too.
Whether you are seeking a physician for a second medical opinion, need help paying for medication, are trying to find a support group, need to speak with a lawyer about possible discrimination, or just need to talk, we can help. And if you want more information, our information specialists can send you a free educational packet with brochures and fact sheets.
Our information specialists also provide follow up support. If you are going through a though time, or having a personal crisis, our information specialists are trained to check up on you, with your permission, to see how things are going.
How to Reach Us
There are many ways to reach out and get support from the Helpline.
- Call us 800-332-1000 and select option 1. Most calls are answered within 30 seconds, but when volume is high, you may need to wait a minute or two. And there is always the opportunity to leave a voicemail message.
- en Español 1-866-748-8008
- Use the online form at epilepsy.com/helpline.
- Email us at ContactUs@efa.org. Questions submitted online or through email are typically answered the next business day.
Most importantly, we want you to know that our information specialists are here for you, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, to provide help, hope, and support for you and your family in your time of need.