Find a summary of basic research in the field of epilepsy.
Basic Science Editor: Sloka Iyengar, PhD
Basic Epilepsy Research: What does it mean and what does it entail?
- Introduction to Basic Epilepsy Research
- What is Clinical Research?
- Immunohistochemistry in Epilepsy Research
- “Fishing” for an Epilepsy Cure
Techniques for Diagnosis
Novel Therapies and Biomarkers
- Bursts of High-frequency Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS), Together with Lorazepam, Suppress Seizures in a Rat Kainate Status Epilepticus Model
- Examining How Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Is Effective in Epilepsy
- Stiripentol for Status Epilepticus
- The Use of Stem Cell Therapy in Epilepsy
- A Potential New Therapy for Neonatal Seizures
- Quest for a Biomarker for Epilepsy
- A Potential, Novel Target for Anti-Epileptic Drugs
- Ketogenic Diet Found to be Effective in Children with Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
- Febrile Seizures: A New Epilepsy Biomarker
- Lovastatin for Epilepsy?
- Better Management of Brain Tumor-related Epilepsy
Comorbidites and Cardiac Dysfunction in Epilepsy
- Two Mechanisms that may Underlie Autism Spectrum Disorder and Epilepsy
- Epilepsy and Autism
- Understanding Cardiac Dysfunction in Epilepsy
- Examining the Link between Depression and Epilepsy
- Sturge Weber Syndrome
- Understanding Brain Tumor-related Epilepsy
- Dravet Syndrome: Focus on Epilepsy Basic Research
- What Causes Febrile Seizures?
- Advances in Our Understanding of Absence Seizures
- Inflammation and Febrile Seizures- Is There a Link?
- Febrile Seizures: What Could Cause Them?
- SUDEP Basic Science Mechanisms
Women and Epilepsy
- Basics about Catamenial Epilepsy (part 1 of a 4 part series)
- Possible Mechanisms that Underlie Catamenial Epilepsy (part 2 of 4)
- How is Catamenial Epilepsy Studied in the Lab? (part 3 of 4)
- What Have Recent Studies about Catamenial Epilepsy Found? (part 4 of 4)
Is there a basic science topic you would like to see covered on epilepsy.com? Tell Dr. Iyengar in the comment section below.