How Can You Contact Us?
You can speak with trained information specialists at any time by calling:
Our Toll-Free Helpline: 1-800-332-1000
(en Español 1-866-748-8008)
Calls are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
NOTE: Please be aware that the Epilepsy & Seizures Helpline is an information and referral line and is not staffed by clinical professionals. We do not provide medical services, diagnosis, treatment recommendations or laboratory test analysis. Our staff can only provide information based upon published materials that have been approved by the Foundation’s Professional Advisory Board and we make referrals to independent resources.
What do we do?
The 24/7 Helpline has trained information specialists standing by to answer your questions about epilepsy and seizures and provide you with support, guidance, and access to national and local resources.
Who do we help?
We can help anyone interested in or affected by epilepsy. This includes:
- People living with epilepsy
- Caregivers and friends of someone with epilepsy
- Anyone who simply wants to learn more about epilepsy
How can we help you?
The 24/7 Helpline provides telephone support, answers emails and responds to posts.
Some of the topics our information specialists respond to most often include:
- Current treatment and alternative therapies options
- Available medications
- Support groups
- Seizure first aid and safety issues
- Employment and discrimination issues
- Emotional issues
- Getting connected with local Epilepsy Foundation affiliates
- Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP)
- Requests for print materials
- Find your local Epilepsy Foundation
- Find a Doctor specializing in Epilepsy
- See a list of drug companies that help with medication costs through patient assistance programs.
- Visit the Epilepsy Foundation online store to download materials to share with your friends, family and co-workers to learn about epilepsy and what to do if you have a seizure.
- Download an Epilepsy & Seizures 24/7 Helpline flyer for distribution