Registration is open for the Antiepileptic Drug and Device (AEDD) Trials XIV Conference. The event is sponsored by The Epilepsy Study Consortium in collaboration with the University of Pennsylvania Epilepsy Center and the Epilepsy Foundation.
May 17-19, 2017
Turnberry Isle Miami Hotel
Aventura (North Miami Beach), Florida
The conference focuses on issues surrounding AEDD development, ranging from preclinical discoveries to clinical evaluations. Topics to be covered at the conference include:
- The processes by which new drugs are discovered, including discussing new animal models and molecular targets
- Translational models in the epilepsy space
- New regulatory pathways for epilepsy approval, including orphan indications, and extrapolation from adults to children
- Assessing patient suitability for epilepsy trials, including centralized patient interviews
- New objectives and legislation that have an impact on AED development
- Novel trial designs that reduce placebo exposure
- New methods and devices for seizure counting
- Outlining the drugs and devices in preclinical and clinical development for epilepsy
To learn more about conference content, view the draft program.
If you have any questions about the conference, please contact Mary Ann Brodie at The Epilepsy Study Consortium: email@example.com.
One exciting feature of the conference is the Epilepsy Foundation Shark Tank Competition, which will be held on Thursday, May 18. This annual competition invites researchers, scientists, entrepreneurs, and more to submit their innovative new ideas in seizure treatment and care for people living with epilepsy. A panel of judges then select a series of finalists who are invited to present their product concepts or candidates at the AEDD Trials Conference.
The winning entry (or entries) will be selected through live voting by conference attendees and a panel of judges (Sharks) representing physicians and scientists, corporate executives, leading industry investors, people with epilepsy, and advocates. The winner(s) will receive international recognition and compete for awards totaling $200,000 to support the development and commercialization of an important new product, technology, or therapeutic concept to help people with epilepsy. Learn about the 2016 Shark Tank winners.
Conference Registration & Fees
- Registration on or before February 15, 2017: $600.00
- Registration after February 15, 2017: $650.00
- Clinical Coordinator/Nurse: $450.00
- Onsite registration: $700.00
This year's conference will be held at the:
Turnberry Isle Miami Hotel
19999 West Country Club Drive
Aventura (North Miami Beach), Florida, 33180 USA
The conference rate is $239.00 + tax and resort fee per night.
This is a special rate for this symposium and only available until Monday April 17, 2017. Please make your reservations early as rooms will be limited. This rate will increase significantly after the deadline.
To make a reservation call the hotel at 305.932.6200 or make your reservation via Passkey.