- When the prescription is picked up from the pharmacy, check to see if the prescribed dose is written in the display window on the applicator.
- There should also be a green band that says READY.
- If you don't see the dose or green band, it is not ready to use. Take it back to the pharmacist to set the dose.
- Also check to make sure that the syringe tip is the size that was ordered by the doctor.
- Check to see if the prescribed dose is visible.
- Look for the green READY band.
- Don't forget to check the size of tip.
- Take the Diastat back to the pharmacist if you are not sure if it's ready to use.