Community Forum Archive

The Epilepsy Community Forums are closed, and the information is archived. The content in this section may not be current or apply to all situations. In addition, forum questions and responses include information and content that has been generated by epilepsy community members. This content is not moderated. The information on these pages should not be substituted for medical advice from a healthcare provider. Experiences with epilepsy can vary greatly on an individual basis. Please contact your doctor or medical team if you have any questions about your situation. For more information, learn about epilepsy or visit our resources section.

Zarontin 250 mg question side effects?

Fri, 07/25/2014 - 17:47
On Monday, I started Zarontin at 250 mg. My doctor has no plans to increase the dose. Anyway, I have been really tired the last couple days and it says that is something someone can experince. sometimes I feel hungry like today but yesterday not as much and near my wrist it looks like I have a bit of a bruise (but I was out with family yesterday so could've hurt my wrist) not sure and was a bit irritable too. Was I just irritable because I was a little tired? My appetite seems normal today and I'm not irritable. My mom said I could have been just a bit tired. I'm just nervous; I had a bad experince with Keppra. I'm just scared, should I contact my doctor?

Comments

You will get tired from tiime

Submitted by just_joe on Fri, 2014-07-25 - 23:00
You will get tired from tiime to time as your body gets used to the medication. Which generally takes a few weeks. Try and relax some what you are doing ow is adding stress which is a trigger to many people who have epilepsy. You just started the medication monday which means you have only taken it for 4 days. You have to give a new medication time to start working and your body needs to get used to it.. If this is what you did with keppra then I know why one of the best medications I have ever used was stopped. Relax

Stay up to date with the latest epilepsy news, stories from the community, and more.