Community Forum Archive

The Epilepsy Community Forums are closed, and the information is archived. The content in this section may not be current or apply to all situations. In addition, forum questions and responses include information and content that has been generated by epilepsy community members. This content is not moderated. The information on these pages should not be substituted for medical advice from a healthcare provider. Experiences with epilepsy can vary greatly on an individual basis. Please contact your doctor or medical team if you have any questions about your situation. For more information, learn about epilepsy or visit our resources section.

Timonil 300 retard

Sun, 07/30/2006 - 04:54
hello...my name is nicole and im from romania.i have tonico-clonic seisures since i was 1 year old..and i went at many doctors who prescribed me different medicadication.first i took phenobarbital,then depakine 300 and now timonil 300 retard.im verry scared that i have to take it for the rest of my life.here in romania we dont have any performant ways to detect epilepsy and even though i went to the national epilepsy institute, i havent took anything elese but EEG and brian tomography. can u help me? i just want to know if my treatment is right.this medication has any side effects? this side effects could damage me? in which way?

Comments

Re: Timonil 300 retard

Submitted by angel_lts on Sun, 2006-07-30 - 07:53
Hi This meds is the same as tegretal in the U.S. I was on it for 20+ years. Sure it has side effects but all the meds do. I was a bit dizzy sometimes. But I had to make sure I had sleep at least eight or nine hours and that will help. Also a good diet can do a world of good. Here is a site http://www.epilepsy.com/medications/b_tegretol_side.html But everyone is different when it comes to meds. WHat helps you might not help me. WHat side effects I had you may not even get. Just take it slowly and dont worry so much. It does take time. take care Lisa http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/epilepsyapproach/

Re: Re: Timonil 300 retard

Submitted by dark_light on Mon, 2006-07-31 - 03:51
hello lisa ive read ur message and i agree with u: everyone is different when it comes to meds.but i have some question.u said smth about a diet.i know what my doctor said to me: that i have to eat many fruits,vegetables and not fast food.anyway im not a fan of fast food. at present im studying computers and i know that this it's against my doctors prescription,but i really dont know what else to do. i have to study smth cause life in this days is so tugh..what i want to know from u is what are u doing now? u said uve taken this kind of med for 20+years. how old are u? im taking med since i was 1 year old and now im 21 years old. im verry scared that i wont make it on my own in this life and my mom is even more scared than me. anyway thanks for replying and hope that we all will get thruogh this. take care of you nicole

Stay up to date with the latest epilepsy news, stories from the community, and more.