Welcome! Come in and visit awhile...
Welcome to epilepsy.com’s new Chat Room! It’s easy to use and offers a number of features.
- The chat is only available to registered users, if you have not signed up to epilepsy.com yet, go to www.epilepsy.com/register. It only takes a minute.
- The chat works as a popup on desktops and laptops. It’s found on the bottom right of the chat landing page under Connect. Click on the chat tab or icon to open up the main chat page.
- Chat works on tablets and smartphones too! Click on the Connect menu tab, then choose Chat from the Connect drop down menu.
- There are four permanent rooms –
- EpiTalk is the main room. Use this room to share experiences, questions, or concerns about epilepsy and seizures. When you log into chat, you’ll automatically be in EpiTalk.
- Corner Booth is for people who want to just kick back and relax with friends, as long as people follow chat terms of service.
- En Espanol is for people who want to talk in spanish with other spanish speakers.
- Chat About is the room we use for moderated chats with a text-based Ask the Expert format.
- Click on the name of the room you want to talk in and you’ll automatically be there. Or you can comment in both rooms as long as the room popups are open. The rooms can be made larger on your screen if you wish.
- New rooms can be created temporarily for specific discussions or small groups. When the last person in the room leaves, the room will disappear.
- Private Messaging is available. Just click on the person’s name you want to message. A new window with their name on it will popup.
- Emoticons: Click on the smiley face and choose emoticons. Please do NOT use emoticons that move a lot or causing flashing patterns
- Change the color of your name by clicking on the A. Avoid bright or neon colors please.
- You can change the size of the chat text in your own browser by using the zoom feature.
- Chat Rules and Behavior
- People should be 13 years of age or older to use the chat.
- Users must not generate more than one user name without express permission from the webmaster.
- Content is created by individual users and does not represent the views or opinions of the Epilepsy Foundation.
- Member-generated content is not prescreened and the chat is not monitored 24/7. Logs of some chat content may be periodically reviewed if problems are reported or seen.
- Anyone signed into www.epilepsy.com may use the chat. Do not expect privacy.
- Use common sense - don't share phone numbers or emails unless you know who you are talking to!
- Content that does not follow the community guidelines can be removed. Violators of the Community Guidelines may receive warnings, be kicked or banned.
- Respect others. Be polite and considerate. Please don't ask probing personal questions or share information about another member. Talk about yourself and your experiences rather than other people.
- Do not give medical advice to another member.
- Know and abide by the law.
Chat About… Special chat times with a Community Moderator and invited guests! Come ask questions, share experiences, and give and get support with other chat members. This offers real-time learning and connecting, a major part of living with epilepsy.
SCHEDULE - 2nd and 4th Wednesday night of each month, 8:00 - 9:00 p.m. (east coast time)