Tuesday, June 13, 2017
In this episode of Hallway Conversations, Epilepsy.com Editor-In-Chief Dr. Joseph Sirven interviews Dr. Nicolas Gaspard, critical care neurologist in Brussels, Belgium, about new onset refractory status epilepticus (NORSE). They talk about
- Dr. Gaspard's background
- What is status epilepticus?
- What is refractory status epilepticus?
- How is this seizure emergency managed?
- What are the biggest issues that seem to arise in getting this emergency under control?
- What is NORSE?
- What is febrile illness-related epilepsy syndrome (FIRES)?
- What happened at a recent concensus conference where common definitions for these emergencies were discussed?