During more than 40 years of service, the Epilepsy Foundation and its generous supporters have channeled more than $52,000,000 into epilepsy research.
One third of people with epilepsy live with uncontrolled seizures and significantly more live with less than optimal seizure control and/or unfortunate side effects from their treatment. The Epilepsy Foundation works to ensure the field of seizure research remains vibrant, innovative and enduring.
The Foundation dedicates its research efforts toward 1) bringing new clinicians into the field; 2) funding new therapies that will bring change in treatment and management for people with epilepsy in a timeframe that matters; 3) encouraging exploration of key issues such as self-management, cognitive issues and researching the impact of public awareness; 4) and bringing attention to exciting ideas and therapies through our Seal of Innovation award.
Research Training Grants and Fellowships
- Behavioral Sciences Student Fellowship
- Health Sciences Student Fellowship
- Behavioral Sciences Post-doctoral Fellowship
- Predoctoral Research and Training Fellowship
- Postdoctoral Research and Training Fellowship
- Research Grants
- Research and Training Fellowship for Clinicians
Targeted Research Programs
- Epilepsy Foundation - New Therapy Commercialization Grants
- Epilepsy Innovation Seal of Excellence
- Research Infrastructure Grant
- Targeted Research Initiative for Health Outcomes
- Targeted Research Initiative for Youth
- Targeted Research Initiative for Women
- Targeted Research Initiative for Severe Symptomatic Epilepsies
- Targeted Research Initiative for Morbidity and Mortality
- Targeted Research Initiative for Cognitive and Psychiatric Aspects of Epilepsy