Antiepileptic Drug Trials XVI Conference
Registration is closed for the Antiepileptic Drug and Device (AEDD) Trials XVI Conference. The event is sponsored by The Epilepsy Study Consortium in collaboration with the University of Pennsylvania and the Epilepsy Foundation.
June 16-18, 2021
Normandy Farms Hotel
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
The conference focuses on issues surrounding AEDD development, ranging from preclinical discoveries to clinical evaluations. During the course of the meeting, participants will:
- Obtain an understanding of the processes by which new drugs are discovered, including discussion of new animal models and molecular targets
- Discuss new translational models in the epilepsy space
- Discuss new regulatory pathways for epilepsy approval, including orphan indications, and trials for infants with focal epilepsy
- Discuss new ways to assess seizure frequency in trials, including electronic seizure diaries, wearable devicees, and continuous EEG
- Discuss with FDA and EMEA representatives new objectives and legislation that have an impact on AED development
- Discuss improvements for add-on trial designs
- Summarize discussions from the recent NINDS meeting on antiepileptogenesis
- Outlining the drugs and devices in preclinical and clinical development for epilepsy
To learn more about conference content, view the draft program.
If you have any questions about the conference, please contact Mary Ann Brodie at The Epilepsy Study Consortium: email@example.com.
One exciting feature of the conference is the Epilepsy Foundation Shark Tank Competition, which will be held on Thursday, June 17. This annual competition invites researchers, scientists, entrepreneurs, and more to submit their innovative new ideas in seizure treatment and care for people living with epilepsy. A panel of judges then select a series of finalists who are invited to present their product concepts or candidates at the AEDD Trials Conference.
The winning entry (or entries) will be selected through live voting by conference attendees and a panel of judges (Sharks) representing physicians and scientists, corporate executives, leading industry investors, people with epilepsy, and advocates. The winner(s) will receive international recognition and compete for awards totaling $275,000 to support the development and commercialization of an important new product, technology, or therapeutic concept to help people with epilepsy. Learn about the 2020 Shark Tank winners.
Conference Registration & Fees
Please note that registration fees increase by $50 USD after 3/15/2021.
- General In-Person Registration: $600 USD
- General Virtual Registration: $450 USD
- Coordinator/Nurse In-Person Registration: $450 USD
- Coordinator/Nurse Virtual Registration: $300 USD
- Patient Virtual Registration: $25 USD
This year's conference will be held at the:
Normandy Farm Hotel and Conference Center
1401 Morris Road
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania 19422 USA
To Reserve Your Room
- First visit the Normandy Farm Hotel and Conference Center portal.
- Under "Add Code”, select group code from the drop-down menu
- Insert attendee – AEDDXVI (not case sensitive)
- Make reservation
Please note: Room rate will only be available until May 16, 2021.
Travel Grants - due date extended to April 30, 2021
The Epilepsy Foundation, the Epilepsy Study Consortium, and the Pediatric Epilepsy Research Foundation have pooled their funds to provide travel grants to the conference for: Epilepsy Fellow/Junior Faculty and Pediatric Epilepsy Fellows. Please see guidelines below to apply.
Epilepsy centers provide you with a team of specialists to help you diagnose your epilepsy and explore treatment options.
Find in-depth information on anti-seizure medications so you know what to ask your doctor.
Epilepsy and Seizures 24/7 Helpline
Call our Epilepsy and Seizures 24/7 Helpline and talk with an epilepsy information specialist or submit a question online.
Tools & Forms
Download our seizure tracking app, print out seizure action plans, or explore other educational materials.