Non-profit status: Established July 7, 1967, as the Epilepsy Foundation of America, a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization incorporated in the State of Delaware, the Foundation is the result of the merger of the Epilepsy Foundation and the Epilepsy Association of America.
Who We Are
The Epilepsy Foundation is your unwavering ally. We are the national organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people affected by chronic seizures. We are dedicated to saving lives.
Our vision is a world without epilepsy, and lives free from seizures.
What We Do
We are here for you, whether you live with epilepsy, have a loved one with seizures, or have a desire to improve lives for people impacted by epilepsy.
- We provide programs, services, and support in your community through our network of local Foundations.
- We encourage innovation in accelerating new treatments and therapies.
- We educate about proper seizure awareness, recognition and first aid.
- We advocate for improved rights and regulations involving people living with epilepsy.
- Epilepsy.com is your website. Here you will find the most current and professionally verified information on all aspects of epilepsy diagnosis and treatment, seizure management and optimal care. We encourage you to use our Find a Doctor tool if you need medical services.
- On this site, you will also be invited to become part of a dedicated community who work together to provide help, hope, and support to each other. Our Epilepsy & Seizures 24/7 Helpline is also available to answer your questions. Connect with others in our forums, chat, and social media.
- You will have the opportunity to learn the very latest news on epilepsy therapies and innovations. You can also find and participate in clinical trials.
- And, we encourage you to find your local Epilepsy Foundation. Our affiliates around the country provide direct services to individuals, families, and community pillars like schools, police and first responders.
- Epilepsy.com is a vibrant and ever-growing website. You will notice the ability to leave comments throughout the site, and we encourage you to do so. The Epilepsy Foundation is here for you.
- Nearly 1 million unique visitors per month
- Nearly 2 million pages viewed monthly
- Over 5,000 pages of epilepsy-related content and issues written by epilepsy professionals
- Fully responsive for viewing on web, tablets and smartphones
- Log in, comment and share by using your favorite social media networks
- New to Epilepsy and Seizures? series helps visitors just beginning their journey with epilepsy
- Detailed commentary and discussion providing the most comprehensive online information available on epilepsy and seizures
- Basic and advanced levels of information for seizure medicines
- Multi-layered epilepsy treatment and management information
- Clinical Trials Directory listing ongoing research studies searchable by state, zip code, region, and alphabetically by study name
- Specialized sections providing information for youth, women, parents, seniors, and cultures
- Multimedia Center offers state-of-the-art video, animations, and podcasts
- Downloadable documents including a seizure preparedness resources kit offering practical skills and tools essential for self-management
- News, events, and activities from the epilepsy community posted on epilepsy.com and delivered to you each week in our e-newsletter