Community Forum Archive

The Epilepsy Community Forums are closed, and the information is archived. The content in this section may not be current or apply to all situations. In addition, forum questions and responses include information and content that has been generated by epilepsy community members. This content is not moderated. The information on these pages should not be substituted for medical advice from a healthcare provider. Experiences with epilepsy can vary greatly on an individual basis. Please contact your doctor or medical team if you have any questions about your situation. For more information, learn about epilepsy or visit our resources section.

Topic: Products, Resources, Helpful Links

19 and I may have epilepsy

05/2020 | 1 Comments

Hey guys! Im 19 and I've had alot of weird conditions since I was 12, but no one believed me. This is my third or fourth doctor I've tried, the last...
Seizure medication

04/2020 | 2 Comments

Hi my name is cody. Yes I'm not a woman but I'm I'm trying to find help for my wife . She has had gran mal seizures for about 10 years now. She has...
Smart Phone Medication Reminder App

09/2019 | 1 Comments

My son needs a better way to remember to take his meds. They are effective when he takes them, but it is easy to forget, especially when things get...
A book from my epileptic disorder

05/2019 | 0 Comments

I have been following close most of the forums. Even after years of Brain Surgery, my epileptic disorder still doesn't stop, I'm on medication...
Sleep Helpers

09/2018 | 2 Comments

Hi everyone! Just looking for an answer... is there any kind of “sleep helpers” (pills eg zquil or melitonen) that are safe to take? School and life...
Embrace Epilepsy Watch by Empatica

08/2018 | 1 Comments

My daughter just turned 6 and was diagnosed with Generalized Epilepsy in April 2018. I just recently read some about the watch, but would like...
Seizure Harness

06/2018 | 0 Comments

www.dropsupports.com Drop Support harness is a unique, upper body harness that wraps around the user’s waist, shoulders, chest, and torso, with an...
applying for permanent disability

04/2018 | 1 Comments

unsure if this is correct forum for this question, but does anyone have any helpful advice, links, to apply for state and federal disability?
New to Epilepsy - Here to support

02/2018 | 12 Comments

Hi all. I am new to the forum, here to learn more about research, advocacy, and education. I am part owner of a CBD company that instituted a system...
Picking up and moving

12/2017 | 0 Comments

I'm at a good point in my life, where I'm ready for an adventure, and I want to move to a different state. The only thing stopping me is the fact that...
Head Protectors

10/2017 | 1 Comments

Hi all. Studies show that the effectiveness of any head protector relies on the compliance of the user. HeadSaver's design characteristics increases...
Epilepsy Medibands

07/2017 | 1 Comments

Hi Everyone, Mediband has a number of low cost medical ID options with instock (ready-to-wear) silicone bracelet versions - quite a few epilepsy...
CBD Oil

07/2017 | 10 Comments

Hey guys, I am new to this forum but I am not new to the seizures. With that being said I have tried pretty much anything under the sun. I stumbled on...
The Thing with Feathers

07/2017 | 0 Comments

Hi! My name is McCall Hoyle. I'm a high school English teacher and a debut author. My first book, THE THING WITH FEATHERS, is about a teenage girl...
What kind of bed do you recommend?

07/2017 | 1 Comments

Hi my name is Roald. I've had seizures since a MVA in 2013. Right temp nocturnal seizures which progress to generalized tonic clonic which then...

Stay up to date with the latest epilepsy news, stories from the community, and more.