Chat and Community Forums Closed

Due to the popularity of social media, we have seen decreasing engagement on our forums and chat. Please know we want to keep talking to you about epilepsy, seizures, and what you need. We want to stay connected with you.

Community Forum

Topic: Parents & Caregivers

Created By: Tommysmom | 01/2006 | 30 Comments

My son Tommy was diagnosed with Infantile spasms at 5 months old. We noticed "twitches" that our pediatrician told us may be primal reflexes. After a few more days of seeing my son having "jack...

Created By: KelleyV | 01/2006 | 15 Comments

My son is 15 and just started Lamictal. (First med treatment/started seizures approx 1 month ago)

I have been reading a lot re: Lamictal and Epilepsy online and have not run across anyone...

Created By: tnpeach | 01/2006 | 1 Comment

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with epilepsy. My seizures occur mainly in my sleep. But then I was told it could be hereditary. Anyone have experience with this? My oldest son had what we were...

Created By: colette | 01/2006 | 1 Comment

My daughter was diagnosed with epilepsy last fall. The doctors had previously diagnosed her with depression and we dealt with that for a little over a year. It took almost a year to diagnose her...

Created By: Haileighs dad | 01/2006 | 4 Comments

Hi I’m new here, looks like a great place for information. My 5 and a half year old daughter has had petite mal seizures since she was 3. She has been on Zarontin ever since. Her seizures have...

Created By: sweetabner | 01/2006 | 15 Comments

HI, I'm new to this site and i just had some questions and some concerns.Im going to try to make this short but my son is 6 he will be 7 in a few days.In November we started him on ritalin because...

Created By: Slewis | 01/2006 | 4 Comments

Just before Christmas my 6 year old son had an apparent seizure. He was sitting in his AWANA class. His head was on his desk & he was drooling. At first the teacher thought he was spitting...

Created By: JenCA | 01/2006 | 29 Comments

Hi,

I'm new here and still working with a preliminary diagnosis for my 6yo son. His neurologist says he's having complex partial seizures and we're scheduled for an EEG tomorrow, and an...

Created By: wmott1122 | 01/2006 | 15 Comments

Does anyone here have a teen who has tonic clonic seizures and therefore requires Diastat at school? If so, do you have a seizure protocol/plan of action on when and how to use it at school, and...

Created By: raivensmom | 01/2006 | 7 Comments

It's like my mind is always in over drive.
I can't help but to worry, some say try 2 forget about it (easier said than done). As a parent of a child with any kind of health complications I...

Created By: annemom | 01/2006 | 15 Comments

Hello all, I'm hoping someone can help me sort out my confusion and worries. My name is Anne, and my sweet, bright, handsome son (about to turn 9 this month) has had quite a strange year (in 2005...

Created By: mamato2kids | 01/2006 | 19 Comments

Hello...I am new to this site...my son may have petite mal seizures....since finding out that this may be true, we have been noticing a few things recently....the one I have that is most standing...

Created By: jjjlow3 | 12/2005 | 11 Comments

My five year old son started having seizures about 7 months ago. After a couple med trials, we have them somewhat stable (they aren't as long or severe). We have noticed that all of his seizures...

Created By: raivensmom | 12/2005 | 10 Comments

I'm the mother of a child who has battled seizures since she was 10 months old. At first I didn't noticed the signs of a seizure oncoming. But as time moves on & the older she gets, it seems...

Created By: bvbuchanan | 12/2005 | 0 Comments

My 16-year-old daughter has been lethargic and feeling very poorly for 7 weeks. Sleeps 15 hours per day and unable to attend high school. Doctor thinks her body has been unable to process her...

Created By: schuffert | 12/2005 | 11 Comments

Hi, I am looking for any advice out there. My 7 month old daughter had a full body seizure approx 1 month ago. She was taken to the children's hospital via ambulance. The seizure lasted for 19...

Created By: Dr Vara | 12/2005 | 3 Comments

I am a physician with no previous expertise in epilepsy. Here, I am only given a personal testimony as a parent and not as a clinician. I am making no claims, neither promoting a specific approach...

Our Mission

The mission of the Epilepsy Foundation is to lead the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures, and save lives.

24/7 helpline