Chat and Community Forums Closed

Due to the popularity of social media, we have seen decreasing engagement on our forums and chat. Please know we want to keep talking to you about epilepsy, seizures, and what you need. We want to stay connected with you.

Community Forum

Topic: Parents & Caregivers

Created By: mommysboy | 03/2006 | 4 Comments
My son is 7 years old and was diagnosed with Epilepsy when he was almost 5 (July 2004). I don't know the exact name of his Epilepsy but he has Frontal Lobe Seizures. I have read that most seizures...
Created By: c.reader | 03/2006 | 4 Comments
hi, i am new to this site and am looking to talk with someone in a similar situation as my son and family. my son is 11 years old with refractory complex partial seizures. he has the vns and also on...
Created By: Ashley21 | 02/2006 | 8 Comments

Ok This is my first time Posting but i was hoping that, someone could please help me out. My daughter Is 2 years old, when she was 6 monnths old she had her first Seizure Now she had her second...

Created By: PJ | 02/2006 | 9 Comments

I am Mom to a 5 yr. old daughter - Bronwyn. Bronwyn is very bright and active. She is also headstrong, loud, self-serving, argumentative and manipulative. But everyone who meets her says she is...

Created By: Jayden05 | 02/2006 | 4 Comments

My son is almost 3 months old and he has epilepsy.He has Absense ,Grandmal and Seizures where he quits Breatheing.When he was born he was perfectly fine until the next day he would quit breathing...

Created By: lpnrn87 | 02/2006 | 3 Comments

My now 18 month old grandaughter has been diagnosed with myoclonic seizures and some degree of mental retardation, yet they still have not given us a name or cause for what she has. Tests have...

Created By: land1968 | 02/2006 | 9 Comments

My 14 year old son has just been diagnosed with simple and complex partial seizures (temporal lobe). He may have been having the simples for several years, intermittently, but suddenly developed...

Created By: abonnier | 02/2006 | 1 Comment

My 19 month old son was diagnosed with epilepsy at 2 weeks of age. He has been on 4 medicines, that have all worked for a period of time (Depakote being the longest 10 mos.), and then stopped. He...

Created By: mikamel | 02/2006 | 8 Comments

My beautiful fourteen year old daughter was diagnosed at ten years old with seizure disorder syndrome after two back to back tonic seizures. She had fever related seizures until she was three...

Created By: clinn67 | 02/2006 | 2 Comments

My 7 yr.old with partial seizures ,on Trileptal since Sept had complained of tremors while she was doing her homework. Her handwriting was definitely shaky toward the end of the page. Anyone else...

Created By: fatima40 | 02/2006 | 2 Comments

I look for an advise because I will not give her any drug. .
I have seen some people who recoverd with out using any drugs

Created By: happycat2 | 02/2006 | 0 Comments

A major mystery in epilepsy research has been why infants are more prone to seizures than adults and how those seizures progress to chronic epilepsy. Now, researchers have discovered that central...

Created By: KELANDV | 02/2006 | 1 Comment

My daughter is 7 and wants to know why she has to take her medication. I have Epilepsy too and take the same medicine, but I have a hard time explaining it to her.
I've said stuff like there...

Created By: macsmom | 02/2006 | 27 Comments

My daughter (9) was just recently diagnosised with absence seizures and has started taking Lamictal. Everyone I talk to looks at me like I am crazy, and has no idea what I am talking about. Just...

Created By: jennifer28 | 02/2006 | 1 Comment

I just recived an e-mail from an angry mother for a comment made on entertainment tonight Mary Hart was doing an interview with Paula Abdoul,Paula was explaing a dance she thought was cute from a...

Created By: dawlew | 01/2006 | 2 Comments

Hi, we have a 14 yr old girl (K) who has been treated for epilepsy for 5-6 yrs now. We are only on drug number 3 but may need to try another.
K has absense seizures, partial seizures and...

Created By: Tommysmom | 01/2006 | 20 Comments

My son has infantile spasms. He is on Topamax and Kolopin right now. We were told that there is still a chance that he may grow out of this condition. Could that be true? Has anyone ever "...

Created By: cheryl2 | 01/2006 | 2 Comments

I just got on this sight today. My daughter Melody has had seizures since 2 months of age. She is fourteen now. At the age of 18 months she seized for 8 and a hafl hours. She is totally...

Created By: jennifer28 | 01/2006 | 1 Comment

HI my daughter Kyla started having seizures at 11weeks old she is now almost 3 and We have tried 6 different meds, and are currently weing off the ketogenic diet, I am supposed to be looking for...

Created By: Mom2Chris | 01/2006 | 5 Comments

Hi:

My bright and beautiful (he'd hate me to use that word...he'd prefer cool), 8 year old son was diagnosed w/E on 12/19/05 (so this is sonew to us!). Up to that point he had 2 simple...

Our Mission

The mission of the Epilepsy Foundation is to lead the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures, and save lives.

24/7 helpline