Chat and Community Forums Closed

Due to the popularity of social media, we have seen decreasing engagement on our forums and chat. Please know we want to keep talking to you about epilepsy, seizures, and what you need. We want to stay connected with you.

Community Forum

Topic: Parents & Caregivers

Created By: DenaeAyers | 04/2006 | 2 Comments
My daughter is 6 and has intractable Complex partial with secondary generalization. She is taking 300mg of Topamax and had the VNS implant on Feb 20th, it has been on for about a month. I am...
Created By: laurensmyprincess | 04/2006 | 6 Comments
My daughter is being weaned from Clobazam and Lamictal will be added as an add on to Tegretol. We are having behaviour issues now which we suspect might be in part to the clobazam. Can you give me...
Created By: JenCA | 04/2006 | 0 Comments
Hi, I'm starting my six year-old son on Tegretol this weekend. Due to our very tricky schedule over the next several days, I REALLY want to start him this weekend and deal with any side effects...
Created By: PJ | 04/2006 | 5 Comments
Hi all, I have posted before, but I'll give a brief summary here because I am so frustrated right now and I really need opinions. Bronwyn started having seizures on Feb. 2nd. That day she had 4 of...
Created By: skootch1229 | 04/2006 | 8 Comments
Hi. My 4 1/2 year old son was just yesterday diagnosed with childhood absense epilepsy. I have noticed for a while that he at times seems in his own world, or that he doesn't always answer when he is...
Created By: jjbeck | 04/2006 | 1 Comment
Can someone help me to understand these EEGs better. My 23 m/o is left hemi due to a stroke. Here are her last two EEG reports: Here they are ... both of them: NOV 05 Early in the record and...
Created By: jagjaglee | 04/2006 | 6 Comments
I am so glad I found this site. My son had his first seizure in July. We were scared out of our wits when it happened. He had a "Grand Mal" seizure before waking up one morning and happened to be in...
Created By: bania | 04/2006 | 0 Comments
I would like to contact any other parents that have encountered this diagnosis. here's the quick version: NORMAL CHILD, No family History of epilepsy, Normal birth, pregnancy, etc. 1 grand mal at...
Created By: bania | 04/2006 | 1 Comment
I would like to contact any other parents that have encountered this diagnosis. here's the quick version: NORMAL CHILD, No family History of epilepsy, Normal birth, pregnancy, etc. 1 grand mal at...
Created By: tchaide05 | 03/2006 | 3 Comments
Well Lauren's Dr finally gave me a diagnosis. She does have confirmed epilepsy. But they still don't know what is causing it. she said it is idiopathic which I guess means that they don't know the...
Created By: tchaide05 | 03/2006 | 0 Comments
Well Lauren's Dr finally gave me a diagnosis. She does have confirmed epilepsy. But they still don't know what is causing it. she said it is idiopathic which I guess means that they don't know the...
Created By: jolieweng | 03/2006 | 8 Comments
My son has sleep issues. He also has a "seizure disorder" that has not yet been dianosed. I am not sure if he has a sleep disorder, sleep seizures (he has other seizures too) or if he's having...
Created By: ellen ruggiero | 03/2006 | 5 Comments
MY GRANDSON HAS BEEN TAKING KEPPRA FOR 6 MOS AND HAS DEVELOPED COLITIS, ANYONE EXPERIENCE THSI, HE IS 9 YRS OLD
Created By: upanama | 03/2006 | 42 Comments
Hello, Very new 2 this, doctors want to put my 6yr old son on Keppra, anyone using this on their children? Thanks upanama
Created By: jmom | 03/2006 | 15 Comments
My son is 10 yrs old and was diagnosed with BRE in January. He had 2 seizures, had a neg. MRI. EEG showed BRE. I understand that most outgrow this? Anyone else have it, or did and outgrow it? He is...
Created By: gert8474 | 03/2006 | 4 Comments
Hi, My daughter was diagnosed with complex partial siezures...
Created By: tchaide05 | 03/2006 | 2 Comments
Hello, I am hoping that I can find some help with dealing with seizures for my daughter who is 8. This started last July when she had a grandmal in the middle of the night. She has had an eeg and...
Created By: tchaide05 | 03/2006 | 0 Comments
Hello, I am hoping that I can find some help with dealing with seizures for my daughter who is 8. This started last July when she had a grandmal in the middle of the night. She has had an eeg and...
Created By: jolieweng | 03/2006 | 2 Comments
My son (21 months) has been on Tegretol, Dilantin and Depakote and is now just taking Depakote, as the Tegretol did not control seizures and gave him bad side effects. The Dilantin seemed to control...
Created By: jolieweng | 03/2006 | 1 Comment
I have a 21 month old son with a seizure disorder that is awaiting further investigation by a neurologist in May. Until then, we wait and play the guessing game with meds and seizures. As any good...

Our Mission

The mission of the Epilepsy Foundation is to lead the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures, and save lives.

24/7 helpline