Chat and Community Forums Closed

Due to the popularity of social media, we have seen decreasing engagement on our forums and chat. Please know we want to keep talking to you about epilepsy, seizures, and what you need. We want to stay connected with you.

Community Forum

Help in paying for college/university


I'm planning to go back to school to learn a fairly new therapeutic form called Drama Theatre (RDT). I have an undergraduate degree in Film/Theatre, but recently learned how to use my epilepsy in a very creative way and plan to work with the "disabled" (I really do NOT like this term) through RDT. I had part of my front-left temporal lobe removed, plus a VNS "installed." I'm doing much better and would love to return to school. In order to be a Registered Drama Therapist, one must have a Master's degree - and I only have a BA. Are there any scholarships recommended for people with disabilities/epilepsy? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!




I realized that epilepsy can

I realized that epilepsy can get you a lot of scholarships. I applied to a lot of scholarships with a nice epilepsy essay and I got like 5 different private scholarships. 

Our Mission

The mission of the Epilepsy Foundation is to lead the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures, and save lives.

24/7 helpline