Community Forum Archive


Mon, 02/09/2015 - 20:55

Greetings!  I've been told I should open a "Special Needs Trust" for my husband so that should we have monies that go over my income amount allowed he would not lose his Social Security disability medical coverage... Toward that I'm told we need to get a Durable Financial Power of Attorney... So far I'm finding costs of $250 for the power of attorney and $1500 to start a trust via a lawyer.  I guess one can start the trust straight with a bank if one has the power of attorney... We keep getting different answers.  Anybody have any thoughts?  I only have email at work after hours for the most part so bear with me if I am not on here a lot... :)

Join Our Newsletter

Stay up to date with the latest epilepsy news and stories from the community.