My son is 2 and contracted encephalitis (Herpes Virus) when he was 9 months old in September 2015. He recovered well and seemed to regain his current skills which were sitting unaided, holding his bottle, playing with toys etc although he had weakness in his left side. However January 16 his MRI confirmed Significant damage although his consultant said he did not reflect the damage that can be seen on the scan. That all changed a month later when he developed infantile spasms which caused him to regress. He had been on Vigabatrin , Clobozan, Keppra , is currently on Epilem , Topirimate , Ketogenic diet. His last MRI in March shows no real change in the seizures. He has since shown changes in his seizures he does drops and eye rolls more than just the spasm. My little boy has disappeared he doesn't giggle or smile anymore is unable
To sit up struggles to hold any toys. I have read so much about CBD Oil and I just can't seem to get anything concrete from anyone. His consultants secretary advised that they would
Not be able to treat him with that NHS or private, until trial results were published and it was licenced.Please can anyone advise is this something that is weeks months or Years away
I have been told short of taking my son to the US There is nothing I can do in the UK. For anyone that has read to the bottom thank you so much and if you have advice it would be so gratefully received.