You should have decided if you are the kind of person who likes to work with a group or alone by now. If you have then you are ready for the next step in the FUNdraising process - Goal Setting. If you are going to work with other people, whether 1 other person or many other people, you should be setting a much higher goal than if you are working alone. We set goals to:
- have something to strive for.
- help us focus our time and effort.
- provide motivation, persistence and desire
- establish priorities
- help us create a roadmap to get there
You can find lots of information on goal setting on the Internet, but one of the most common approaches to goal setting is that of setting SMART goals. SMART goals are:
- Specific (answer Who? What? When? Where? Which? Why?)
- Measurable (help you stay on-track)
- Attainable (something that can really be done)
- Realistic (something you are willing AND able to do)
- Timely (provides you with a deadline to motivate action)
Throughout the rest of the month you will be able to find more information on setting goals here. Next month we'll focus on making a plan or roadmap of your goals that will help YOU to make a difference and become an ETP Champion.
Do you have a question, or want to share fundraising ideas or tips with the epilepsy.com community? Please email: TEAM_ETP@epilepsytherapyproject.org.