Welcome to my.epilepsy.com!
Your forum to connect, share, relax and learn!
As a new visitor, look around and you'll see lots of ways to connect with other people. To join in on discussions, create your online blog or journal, and chat, become a member of epilepsy.com and jumpt right in! Lots of features will be available to you as a member, including crearing your own seizure diary, starting or joining groups, or asking our Resource Specialists about epilepsy.
- Add an iGoogle Gadget: Have quicker access to my.epilepsy.com blogs by adding a google gadget to your Google homepage!
- Choose a User Avator or Photo: Add pictures or avatars to your user name. Visit the Manage My Account link to choose your avator or upload your own photo.
- Personalize your home page: Visit "my account" and check the block features you would like displayed on your homepage. Then update your account! You have the choice of making your profile public to the community or private. However, keep in mind in private, people can't find you as easily.
- Fast Access to Recent Discussions: On the home page of the site, and on most pages, you'll find a feature called Look Who's Talking. You can find out the latest posts or search by the most frequently viewed pages of forums, blogs, ,stories and groups. Click on the blue navigation bar - My.epilepsy.com Community - to find details on all the community features. Just click and get started! You'll see list of topic groups for the Community Forums while blogs are listed by user name. Or start your own discussion and blog!
- Easy Access: Can't find what you're looking for? Use the Google Search feature on each page. This allows you to search for a topic anywhere on the site. To search just in the blogs, use the search bar onb the blog home page.
- Buddy Lists: When you see someone in the Online Users List that you'd like to add to your Buddy List, just click their name. If their community profile is open to the public, you can learn more about them and get faster access to their blog. Once on your list, you'll be notified whenever they're online.
- Instant Messaging: Right now, you can private message other users if you're in the chat room. We're looking at other ways of helping people stay in touch more easily throughout the site.
- Epilepsy Help: Ask questions about epilepsy, how it affects people, or ways to make management easier. General questions will be answered by our Resource Specialist. Click on the "Epilepsy Help" button to the top right of each page to launch this feature. Ask a question or click on an "Information Topic" (on the right side) to view the growing library of Q&As.
- Inst Poll: Let us know what you think and about your experiences with seizures, by answering an Insta Poll! Questions are changed on a regular basis and past poll results available for viewing. This is just one more way to work together and find out what is important to people. Send in ideas for poll questions too!
- Emailed Comments: Edit your account and receive an email when someone responds to your forum post or blog. You can also sign up to receive an email whenever a post or blog of interest to you is updated. Just subscribe to that thread or post and you'll be notified when it's been updated! Just choose My Account/Edit/Email Notifications to take advantage of this feature.
More additions and improvements are on the way!