My daughter is 3 years old & she has been on phenobarb since she was 11 months old. She has had break through seizure clusters during that time, the last one in January. She has just been evaluated by the city & has developmental delays. Her speech, coordination, and listening skills are behind where they should be. We don't know if it's her or the medication. We are now weaning her off gradually with a plan from her neuro. My husband really wants to see if her problems straighten out, while I'm terrified of something going wrong. The doctor has instructed to start Keppra if her seizures warrant. My daughter is a happy, loving, energetic child and I worry about what a new medication would do to her. Does anyone have any advice about going through this process? Are there any other precautions I should be taking? I'm most worried about during the night when I can't keep constant watch over her.