TITLE: Senior Director of Programs
Oversees, coordinates and implements the Epilepsy Foundation’s federally funded public education and access to services programs. Assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of federal, corporate, grant or contract funded special initiatives. Work involves soliciting, developing and implementing government funded activities, researching funding opportunities, proposal development, department budget development and monitoring, board and funding source communications, program and outcomes evaluation, and related activities and operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the development and implementation of national public education programs conducted by the Foundation.
- Prepares proposals for funding new and existing public education programs for government agencies, corporate sponsors and private funders.
- Ensures the timely completion of all department deliverables and reports as outlined in the scope of work for funding agencies.
- Coordinates quarterly program update conference calls with relevant project officers, reporting agencies
- Completes all application processes and reporting requirements outlined in contracts or cooperative agreements.
- Responsible for the supervision of key staff assigned to each project or program in the department.
- Provides overall department leadership, ensures “best practices” for program management and program evaluation are in place and followed.
- Develops and updates standard operating procedures for program management and oversees the timely completion and updates of project work plans.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to managers to promote their professional development
- Monitors and tracks budget expenditures.
- Conducts or coordinates national platform presentations to diverse audiences at least three times per year to promote the work of the Foundation.
- Oversees the coordination and management of project workgroups.
- Coordinates the preparation of white papers for publication to promote program awareness in the public health community.
- Communicates regularly with staff and volunteers from affiliated and collaborative organizations to implement program initiatives, provide training and technical assistance/consultation, and monitor program outcomes.
- Prepares reports for internal and external audiences, including Board of Directors, PAB and funders.
- Develops systems to evaluate all aspects of program implementation and outcomes.
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships with individuals and staff of partnering organizations and funders to communicate and enhance the various goals of the initiatives and foundation.
- Responsible for development of agenda, coordination and facilitation of program meetings (both internal and external), such as affiliate trainings, expert, working group, task force and ad hoc group meetings.
- Responsible for budget development and accountability.
- Performs related work as required.
The Senior Director Programs has supervisory responsibility.
- Master’s degree in health education, health science or related field.
- Experience in chronic illness public health or education arena, in a not for profit service based organizations, or other relevant work experience which contributes to this position.
- Experience working with Hispanic community and partners a plus.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of public health and program administration
- Broad experience in health education, social marketing, and community outreach
- Extensive budget experience essential, accountability and financial reporting, and program reporting
- Conduct program evaluation systems to meet project and funder needs based on best practice models
- Communicate and work effectively with a variety of people including service providers and individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds and those with disabilities
- Ability to travel approximately 15 percent of the time
- Maybe required to work extended hours on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary requirement. No phone calls please.