- Sam Estes, College Football Athlete
- Chanda Gunn, Olympic Ice Hockey Medalist
- Geoff Pope, Super Bowl Champion
The Epilepsy Foundation is dedicated to making sure that people with epilepsy and seizures can experience all that life has to offer. Athletes vs. Epilepsy™ affirms this positive message and embodies it through action. Athletes vs. Epilepsy is a nationwide program for athletes, coaches, volunteers and fans to raise awareness and money to help fund the Epilepsy Foundation's mission.
With 1 in 26 people developing epilepsy at some point in their lives, we are helping to raise awareness about seizures and are raising money to help accelerate the development of new therapies.
Please consider joining the Athletes vs. Epilepsy team. Together we can help make a difference in the lives of those affected by epilepsy!
Join a 2014 race team. For our Athletes vs. Epilepsy, it’s about more than just the race, game, meet, etc. Each of our athletes also raise money and awareness on behalf of Epilepsy Foundation and our fight to stop seizures and SUDEP, find a cure and overcome the challenges created by epilepsy through efforts including education, advocacy and research to accelerate ideas into therapies.
- Seattle Marathon – 10K Walk + Run - August 23, 2014
- Bank of America Chicago Marathon* - October 12, 2014
- Marine Corps Marathon - October 26, 2014
- TCS New York City Marathon - November 2, 2014 – SOLD OUT
- Gore-Tex Philadelphia Marathon, Half Marathon and 8K- November 22 & 23, 2014
- Seattle Marathon and Half Marathon - November 30, 2014
Choose Your Own Event
Are you interested in participating in an athletic event that’s not listed here? Share your event and date and we’ll set you up with the tools to compete in support of Epilepsy Foundation.
You will receive support, a personal fundraising page and toolkit, access to staff to answer any questions you may have, and the opportunity to connect with your fellow Athletes vs. Epilepsy along your journey.
For help getting started or questions about the program, please call or email us today:
Thank you to our partnership sponsors:
For partnership opportunity information, please contact AvE@efa.org.