A new texting initiative from the Epilepsy Foundation and Care Epilepsy to assist in seizure management
- Trying to take better care of yourself, but sometimes you forget to take your medication?
- Want to be able to track your seizures in a patient diary and send it to your neurologist?
- Need some motivation to get you through your day?
Texting 4 Control is all that and more.
Texting 4 Control is a new system targeted to users aged 13 and older with mobile phones that allows you to:
- receive reminders via text messaging about when to take medications
- receive motivational messaging if you are having a particularly tough week managing your epilepsy, and
- record seizures, emergency room visits, rescue meds, and/or injuries in a patient diary that you can share with your neurologist or epileptologist.
This sounds great! Where can I sign up?
Sign up for the Texting 4 Control system here!
Texting 4 Control is made possible with funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) under cooperative agreement number 1U58DP003832-02. Its content are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the CDC.