FREE Seizure First Aid Training
- Seizure Recognition & Response Training – general audiences
- Law Enforcement Training
- First Responders Training
- School Nurse Training “Managing Students with Seizures”
- Seizure Training for School Personnel Training
- Seizure Training for Childcare Personnel
- Take Charge - K - 12 Classroom Education
- Seniors & Seizures
Teen Speak Up! and Public Policy Institute - Washington, DC
Kids Crew & Local Kids Crew events
Epilepsy Symposium & Educational Webinars
Local information, resources and referrals
Personalized Advocacy - helping people advocate for themselves
- EFIN offers Studio e sessions in Indianapolis for both children and adults with epilepsy. And as a bonus, we will have concurrent art programs taking place during the sessions for either parents and siblings or spouses and children at no charge!
- See photos from our 2015 Studio E program on the EFIN Facebook page here and here.
- For more information about the next sesion, please contact Dianna Miller-Wilson at email@example.com
Family Weekend Camp
DATE: October 6 - 8, 2017
LOCATION: Scottsville, Kentucky
COST: FREE (Cost of travel not included.)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE: Indiana children with epilepsy, ages 3 to 17, and their immediate family members. TO APPLY: You can apply online and download necessary paperwork for your doctor to sign. Be sure to click on the Family Retreat option and choose the Epilepsy Camp session.
Last year, 15 children with epilepsy from all over Indiana got the chance to “just be kids” during a special weekend retreat at the Center for Courageous Kids in Scottsville, Kentucky.
The center is a world class medical camp that features all of the traditional camping activities in an environment that is safe and fun for children living with medical challenges such as seizure disorders. Private family lodging and meals are provided.
Campers enjoy horsebackriding, archery, woodshop, arts and crafts, indoor swimming, bowling and more.
The chance for families affected by epilepsy to share common experiences and support one another is a valuable benefit of the camp.
This camp experience is made possiblel through the generosity of volunteer leaders that host an annual golf tournament. Proceeds from the golf tournament pay for families to attend camp. Check out photos: Family Camping Weekend album
2017 Indiana Epilepsy Expo - Saturday, November 4
IU Health Neuroscience Center
Goodman Hall Auditorium
355 West 16th Street
Learn about community resources, hear from epilepsy experts, discover what's on the horizon for epilepsy research, meet and connect with others!
More details to come!!