Instructions: Use this checklist to see if you (or your loved one) are getting some of the basic care and information that is needed for women with epilepsy. This list does not include everything that women with epilepsy need, but offers a starting point for general care of their epilepsy. We hope this checklist will help you start looking at your epilepsy care and help you talk with your doctor.
If you are a woman with epilepsy and of child‐bearing age, has your doctor or other health care professional discussed the following topics with you?
- The use of folic acid or folate
- Ways to prevent unintended pregnancy
- Possible interactions between oral contraceptives and some seizure medicines
- The type of prenatal care that is recommended during pregnancy
- The need for treatment by a neurologist and obstetrician with experience in high risk pregnancy
For more information: