Regular exercise is good for everyone.
- Pace your exercise to avoid hyperventilation or getting too tired.
- Avoid exercising in the middle of the day during hot weather.
- Stay well hydrated.
- Carry a seizure rescue medicine and identification information if your seizures are not controlled.
- Exercise in a safe place, for example ride a bike on bike paths, not on the street, play ball on grass not hard surfaces
- Ask your health care team about any specific exercises to avoid.
- Try relaxation or slow breathing exercises when anxious or if you begin to hyperventilate.
- Pace your activity and avoid sports that may trigger hyperventilation.
Reviewed by: Patricia O. Shafer RN MN on 2/2014