The first step in being prepared and managing seizures is to assess your readiness to take action.
Answer the following:
- Do you have a plan for how to respond to seizures?
- Do you have a way to keep track of your seizures and medicines?
- Do you know what to do to prevent an emergency?
- Do you have a plan to prevent injuries?
- Do you have a way to track and prevent seizure triggers?
- Do you feel comfortable telling others about your seizures?
- Do you get the help you need?
If your answer is yes to these questions:
- Congratulations! You have taken a number of steps already to help you be prepared and manage your epilepsy.
- Browse these sections and add what you need to your current plans. Let us know what else you need too!
- Visit the Learn sections of www.epilepsy.com for more detailed information on epilepsy and management issues.
- Share your experiences and tips with others by in the communite pages and our social media sites!
If the answer to any of these is no:
- Please read on. These Get Help sections are designed to help you get started and learn valuable skills and resources to manage your epilepsy and seizures.
- Visit our Tool Box and together with your doctor or nurse, develop your own goals and plans.
- Don't forget to check out the Learn sections for more detailed information and ask questions in the Community Forums.