Office of Development – Major Gift Relationship Coordinator
The Epilepsy Foundation was established in 1967 as the national voluntary health agency solely dedicated to the welfare of the 3 million people with epilepsy in the U.S. and their families. The organization works to ensure that people with seizures are able to participate in all life experiences; and to prevent, control and cure epilepsy through research, education, advocacy and services. In addition to programs conducted at the national level, epilepsy clients throughout the United States are served by local Epilepsy Foundation offices in nearly 100 communities.
Below is a description of the responsibilities for this internship:
- Drafting letters for current and prospective donors, VIPs, and select constituents
- Assisting with donor relations and support
- Draft marketing and solicitation brochures, and proposals for the development office
- Research and write content for development web platform(s)
- Managing and executing mass stewardship mailings
- Providing support at VIP events and functions
- Draft proposals and correspondence for high net-worth donors
- Assists with special fundraising projects
- Organizing donor recognition events and opportunities, developing and implementing acknowledgment processes, and responding to donor requests
- And other duties as assigned
If you have a high level of energy and focus and can take a project from A to Z, then we are looking for you. The Office of Development for the Epilepsy Foundation has the need for a committed person that can assist with donor management and support. The ideal candidate will have at least 15 hours a week on or offsite. We are willing to consider any level college student, but ideally would prefer a second-year student interested in a career in non-profit management or fundraising. The internship is not paid, however there are many opportunities to receive excellent practical experience. The position is a minimum three (3) month internship.
The candidate needs to have:
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience working independently with success
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong research, proof reading and writing skills
- Highly organized, energetic, and creative
- Detail oriented
- Committed to teamwork
If you are interested in this internship, please send your resume to Chad Hartman at email@example.com.