Community Forum Archive

The Epilepsy Community Forums are closed, and the information is archived. The content in this section may not be current or apply to all situations. In addition, forum questions and responses include information and content that has been generated by epilepsy community members. This content is not moderated. The information on these pages should not be substituted for medical advice from a healthcare provider. Experiences with epilepsy can vary greatly on an individual basis. Please contact your doctor or medical team if you have any questions about your situation. For more information, learn about epilepsy or visit our resources section.

Constant 24/7 Deja

Mon, 01/26/2015 - 21:36
I am 42 years old. I have Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety, ADHD, and OCD. I have received ECT treatments fine since 2008. Then, in May 2014 things went downhill when I was in the hospital (again, I was receiving ECT treatments and had no problems). I started experiencing non-stop/constant deja vu. It has not let go and they have supposedly rule everything out and are calling me psychosomatic (I have had horrible headaches since then). I am living in a state of deja vu 24/7 and my dreams are like I have had the exact dream before, as well as the thoughts that are running through my head. There are no new memories. I was in the hospital in November and now I see that my head was not as clear-headed as it was, as I had an episode where I got some saline in my eye and it then felt like I went into a complex seizure, though I came out of it after 2-3 minutes -- all I know is I could not see and felt my body shaking and felt l ike my life was passing me by. I asked one of the observing nurses if I had a seizure and they told me. I was not in my right mind and I did nto tell my psychiatrist. I thought nothing much of it, though my head became a lot more clear-headed after this episode. Since December 29, 2014, I have had periods that have felt like my head on my left side was tingling. There was one period where I was totally exhausted/fatigued (never happenes) and I was nodding off everywhere, including driving. That took about five days to heal. I guess it is just hard to deal with as it is affecting my mental illness and I thought there is nothing that can be done and that is the most hard thing -- knowing that my life is always going to be like this.

Stay up to date with the latest epilepsy news, stories from the community, and more.