Community Forum Archive

The Epilepsy Community Forums are closed, and the information is archived. The content in this section may not be current or apply to all situations. In addition, forum questions and responses include information and content that has been generated by epilepsy community members. This content is not moderated. The information on these pages should not be substituted for medical advice from a healthcare provider. Experiences with epilepsy can vary greatly on an individual basis. Please contact your doctor or medical team if you have any questions about your situation. For more information, learn about epilepsy or visit our resources section.

Lamictal since 9/19 - Shingles diagnosis 12/8

Thu, 12/17/2015 - 18:02

In trying to keep it short... Seizures since 1995. Depakote & Keppra recently stopped after roughly 12 & 8 years respectivly. Lamictal & Zonegran recently, 9/19 & 10/6. Zonegran had to be stopped mid November due to horrible side effects. It nearly had me in the ER one night due to breathing problems & a numbing skeleton right down to my teeth. Lamictal is the only anti-convulsant I am on now besides medical marijuana.

This rash that is being called "shingles" showed up right after Thanksgiving. Slowly got worse/ spread in a small area near my navel & partially on my rib area under my left arm. My questions are simple: Is there something else going on with relation to this rash? Is it the Lamictal? I kinda think so. But I also think the thought of me having shingles just sounds odd & coincendital since the Lamictal has been in my system for a good 3 months now.

What are your thoughts? Opinions? Questions?

Lamictal Rash or Shingles Rash?

Stay up to date with the latest epilepsy news, stories from the community, and more.