Community Forum Archive

The Epilepsy Community Forums are closed, and the information is archived. The content in this section may not be current or apply to all situations. In addition, forum questions and responses include information and content that has been generated by epilepsy community members. This content is not moderated. The information on these pages should not be substituted for medical advice from a healthcare provider. Experiences with epilepsy can vary greatly on an individual basis. Please contact your doctor or medical team if you have any questions about your situation. For more information, learn about epilepsy or visit our resources section.

Smoking marijuana and drinking

Thu, 02/07/2008 - 01:51
I was just reading on this website all of the forums about drinking and smoking cigarettes and how bad they are for you. It didnt say anything about weed and I smoke weed maybe once a week or once every two weeks and is it bad for having seizures? Also if you drink maybe two beers to three beers once a weekend is that bad?

Comments

Re: Smoking marijuana and drinking

Submitted by catsamu on Thu, 2008-02-07 - 12:34

If you live in a state that has passed medical marijuana laws, you could probably get a prescription for it.  My understanding is that for most (if not all) of these states, epilepsy is a covered condition.   That should tell you something about marijuana and epilepsy, but everyone's different.

I've never had a problem with drinking and the mild type of epilepsy that I have. 

Deb

If you live in a state that has passed medical marijuana laws, you could probably get a prescription for it.  My understanding is that for most (if not all) of these states, epilepsy is a covered condition.   That should tell you something about marijuana and epilepsy, but everyone's different.

I've never had a problem with drinking and the mild type of epilepsy that I have. 

Deb

Submitted by sifra on Wed, 2008-02-27 - 05:02

I'm also interested in smoking or drinking weed

I asked my neurologist about it: This is his answer;

"There are 2 kind of molecules in marijuana; one that prevents seizures and one that increases

or stimulates seizures" I understand that that also is with AED So I'm still searching for the possibillity

even though it is forbidden here

sifra

I'm also interested in smoking or drinking weed

I asked my neurologist about it: This is his answer;

"There are 2 kind of molecules in marijuana; one that prevents seizures and one that increases

or stimulates seizures" I understand that that also is with AED So I'm still searching for the possibillity

even though it is forbidden here

sifra

Submitted by xgi on Fri, 2008-02-29 - 14:31

I told my nerou I smoke weed for my sez's and he was pretty cool with it. I have cut my sez's down about 95% since using mj.  I guess it's the better of the two evils. This year in MI we are trying to get in legal for medical MJ.  Wish me luck......x

I told my nerou I smoke weed for my sez's and he was pretty cool with it. I have cut my sez's down about 95% since using mj.  I guess it's the better of the two evils. This year in MI we are trying to get in legal for medical MJ.  Wish me luck......x

Stay up to date with the latest epilepsy news, stories from the community, and more.