A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: tryingtobehelpful | 2007-01-27 15:35 | 0 Comments

Hi!

Just joined this evening, I'm afraid I'm not the one with epilepsy but I really want to understand what my partner's going through and thought talking to other people might help.

Created By: slhmurphy | 2007-01-27 09:58 | 21 Comments

Now, to those of you reading this, please do not take my title to heart. I have a bachelors in psychology and I am being very flippant in my terminology, but I mean no disrespect to anyone.

Created By: Ca8Amy8 | 2007-01-27 02:52 | 1 Comment

I didn't think that it was un-normal but after browsing around the site I see that it is.

I have partial focal seizures but they last up to an hour or sometimes two at a time.

=/...

Created By: wldhrt13 | 2007-01-26 19:33 | 0 Comments

....or has the font and/or spacing on the posts here on the forum changed? it is ever so subtle but different, no?
pamela

Created By: Powerriegel | 2007-01-26 15:24 | 1 Comment

Hello together,

I am new to this site and hope its ok for you: I do not have epilepsy, but I have got testicular cancer.
But why am I here?
I study media in Munich (Germany) and...

Created By: DmAlchemist | 2007-01-25 23:34 | 4 Comments

Howdy, I just discovered this site, but I was diagnosed with Psychomotor Epilepsy shortly after I turned 20 in 2002, although I've had symptoms for years before that. I seem completely...

Created By: Basham | 2007-01-25 11:55 | 3 Comments

Hi there, I am a 46 year old mom with juvenile myoclonic epilepsy. For many years I did fine, then I got worse, and had a number of bad seizures until control was established again. I am on...

Created By: cape | 2007-01-25 10:12 | 3 Comments

My wife needs to travel in her job, but she is afraid to travel unless I go with her. How can I convince her that it's OK to go without me? I have had epilepsy all my life, but my seizures are...

Created By: kevinmo99 | 2007-01-24 22:59 | 6 Comments

life really sucks right now . I have lost my job . I have had my name dragged thru the mud by so called christians . I just feel like ending it all. There is no where to turn and the people that i...

Created By: wldhrt13 | 2007-01-23 19:04 | 12 Comments

Why do some folks call their seizures "fits" or "spells" and others use "events" or "seizures"?
Some folks use terms like "gran mal" but others refer to the same event with "tonic-clonic"?...

Created By: Edwina_p | 2007-01-23 18:24 | 18 Comments

Hi, I've lived with Epilepsy 21 years but it's only been over the past 2-3 years that i've started with panic attacks.
I know they're panic attacks and not fits as they aren't the same mass...

Created By: playtowin123 | 2007-01-21 17:43 | 5 Comments

Hi out there. I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I've been searching the web for info about epilepsy and found this board. I've never thought about joining a board before, but after reading...

Created By: copabeat | 2007-01-21 07:08 | 1 Comment

The National Epilepsy Foundation is a resource for us all to use, and a good one at that. (great one wouldn't be over stating it either)
I once wrote them an e-mail asking if I would be...

Created By: Cory | 2007-01-20 16:57 | 3 Comments

Hi there,

For the past 2,5 years I've been getting plagued with sudden movements that seem to resemble myoclonic seizures. I've seen a neurologist about it (who suspected the same after...

Created By: wldhrt13 | 2007-01-20 10:11 | 8 Comments

How common is it to have two types of Epilepsy?
Like Simple Partial and myoclonic seizures? Because when I read up on the myoclonic's it says they are generalized seizures whereas SP's are...

Created By: jj.gitties | 2007-01-19 08:49 | 4 Comments

I posed this on Usenet -- but thought I would post here as well -- just to get some thoughts.

I just had a grand mal on monday. it freaked the hell out of me because i had it out of the...

Created By: wldhrt13 | 2007-01-18 00:15 | 4 Comments

Is the EEG sensitive enough to pick one of these up?

Created By: Gina Marie | 2007-01-17 23:05 | 2 Comments

I was reading this under the comorbid section, about sleep disorders:

"Sleep disorders (e.g., sleepwalking, nocturnal panic disorder, sleep attacks due to excessive daytime sleepiness) may...

Created By: revawave | 2007-01-17 18:29 | 6 Comments

I am new here. I am 26, with epilepsy since age 8. I recently moved and needed to find a closer neurologist, today was my first appt. For background info, I have had absence seizures, with a...

Created By: slhmurphy | 2007-01-17 09:08 | 2 Comments

Started a week ago with an episode (having been diagnosed w/ seizures yet) that featured twitching and head movements (skaking head no). This week I've had three days in a row. The first I went...

Pages