A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: cody | 2006-12-02 13:41 | 1 Comment

Hello, my name is Cody. I'm a 41 year old male who's been recently diagnosed with 'Right front temperal lobe epilepsy'.
I've had epilepsy since the age of 10 but only 3 Grand Mals during my...

Created By: borgmanjayce | 2006-12-02 04:50 | 1 Comment

Back in July this year I applied for Disability Living Allowance from the Department for Works and Pensions in the UK as I was told that I could claim this benefit due to me suffering from...

Created By: catinhat95 | 2006-12-01 20:29 | 2 Comments

My husband woke up in the middle of the night in April with stroke like symptoms and things have not been the same! He has suffered from rapid heartbeats for years but that night was the worst....

Created By: Looking4AwayOut | 2006-12-01 04:43 | 7 Comments

Hi everyone. My name is Allison. For the past 3 years now, I've had pseudo seizures. They haven't been really bad up until this last month.
I started having them at the age of 17 (almost 18...

Created By: wldhrt13 | 2006-11-30 08:56 | 2 Comments

so I woke up this morning and I'm standing there washing last night's dishes and all of a sudden I get these goosebumps only on the left side of my scalp. I wasn't cold/shivering etc, and I didn'...

Created By: nyadi | 2006-11-30 03:25 | 2 Comments

hey my name is purity i have been epileptic for the past 17years i have learnt to live with it.but what bothers me is that every time i get an attack which is always at night my mum comes by my...

Created By: wldhrt13 | 2006-11-29 21:34 | 1 Comment

how long before the results from my AEEG come in? I returned the equipment 13 November. (Becc, I know you just finished your VEEG~I'm sure you want the results of yours as well) is it like 4 -5...

Created By: hmselby2 | 2006-11-29 13:37 | 18 Comments

Hi, I was only recently diagnosed with epilepsy, and upon the suggestion of a friend who also has it I have been trying to document different things that could be my "triggers" for seizures and...

Created By: Peaches78 | 2006-11-29 00:26 | 4 Comments

Ok I've been having symptoms of simple partial and complex partial seizures since around May of 2005. At first I thought it was a panic attack or just stress even though I have a degree in...

Created By: suebear | 2006-11-28 21:34 | 4 Comments

Has anyone ever dealt with a tech who just doesn't get what the real deal is? I mean when you have requested a pain reliever and they haven't gone through with it, how do you deal with it? I'm...

Created By: suebear | 2006-11-28 20:12 | 1 Comment

I'm planning on moving forward with PT due to a major back injury. What I'd like to know is there anyone here who's been through a similar situation and what type of tips can you give me? I'm...

Created By: fzMousie | 2006-11-27 10:44 | 3 Comments

Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse, I don't know.

Do you find you are more punchy or irritable the day after you have a seizure? What about the day before?

How do you deal with...

Created By: suebear | 2006-11-26 20:44 | 0 Comments

I'm curious to know if any of you that have seizes have/have had an experience with myofacial FM, chronic pain syndrome?

The reason I ask is I'm going through both and having one hell of a...

Created By: Mary G. | 2006-11-24 13:37 | 14 Comments

Hello everyone! This is all new to me so please understand that I have alot of questions. I went to my neuro this week and he told me that my jerks that I've had all of my life are Myoclonic sz'...

Created By: fzMousie | 2006-11-23 09:38 | 7 Comments

I was reading an article on cognitive impairment. There were a few interesting short tests. One of them was to count backwards by 7 from 100 as far as you could.

I am 27. I have an...

Created By: pkelde99 | 2006-11-21 20:19 | 4 Comments

Hi,
I might post a few questions. I have so much in my head that I haven't been able to get out there. My neuro is kind of a jerk to me, so I am going to start here and go from there....

Created By: Bedge | 2006-11-21 06:59 | 13 Comments

Do you guys ever feel like your skin on your head or your actual skull is shivering or crawling?

Was wondering if this is a E thing or a normal thing?

Bege - Mungo-Beanossss!

Created By: stratovarius65 | 2006-11-21 04:16 | 8 Comments

Does a person with epilepsy qualify for any type of disability assistance? Although I am on medication and it helps, it still does not control the seizures and since I live in a small town, no one...

Created By: stratovarius65 | 2006-11-21 02:30 | 16 Comments

I have noticed that my friends and social contacts have diminished quite a bit over the years due mainly to seizures. I am often in a club / bar enviroment and have even had a seizure on stage...

Created By: suebear | 2006-11-21 00:39 | 2 Comments

Everyone has had so many issues throughout the year, I'll be the first to admit that when the stress is low, the frustrations still seem to push everything to the wayside. I wanted to start a...

Pages