A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: pgd | 2007-07-28 00:28 | 4 Comments

Are you now an adult who had absences as a child?

Am looking for adults who had absences as children and, as children, responded well to the right child medicine for absences which caused...

Created By: short circut | 2007-07-27 15:31 | 3 Comments

I really would like to know more about abnormal EEG results. Does anyone want to share what their EEG showed when it came back abnormal? Is it only considered abnormal when these spikes and waves...

Created By: CAOranges | 2007-07-27 14:16 | 5 Comments

I am new to this site, but I've been dealing with Epilepsy for about 15 years now. I have total blackouts and collapse for a couple of minutes, and this happens about three or four times a year....

Created By: jacky99 | 2007-07-27 03:07 | 2 Comments

hey everyone,

ive decided to pursue my life's dream of writing a fiction novel and try my hardest to get it published. im writing a story about a young 23 year old woman with epilepsy and...

Created By: Utah | 2007-07-27 02:39 | 6 Comments

I was and am very pleased to find this site and subsequently a group of people who understand what I'm going through. I'm 39 and was diagnosed in December. I spent three weeks in the hospital and...

Created By: judydohle | 2007-07-26 23:39 | 9 Comments

Not sure how strange this will sound, but does anyone else experience seizures that seems to happen on a rotational basis.

For the last year or so, I have been experiencing seizures on a...

Created By: short circut | 2007-07-26 20:42 | 1 Comment

I'm going in for my third EEG. Does anyone want to share what their EEG showed when it came back abnormal? Is it only considered abnormal when these spikes and waves happen when there is something...

Created By: short circut | 2007-07-26 18:20 | 0 Comments

I'm going in for my third EEG. Does anyone want to share what their EEG showed when it came back abnormal? Is it only considered abnormal when these spikes and waves happen when there is...

Created By: bygrace11 | 2007-07-26 14:57 | 0 Comments

I just wanted to share a tool I learned this past winter to assist with weight gain, or stablization, while on Topomax. My 17 y.o. daughter, who is 5'6" and on Topomax, went from 120 pounds down...

Created By: xgi | 2007-07-26 11:21 | 0 Comments

Well had a discussion with a big time neuro here a while back who told me all my pain was cause by my smoking pot. I told him that the pot controlled my sez's better than any pills every did. So I...

Created By: vincen29 | 2007-07-25 23:39 | 17 Comments

Hello all,

I'm in the process of moving to California and am hoping for kinder driving laws. I seem to be troubled with occasional seizures, but am fully compliant and honest with the...

Created By: Staysee30 | 2007-07-25 14:33 | 1 Comment

I am a 32 yr old single mother. I was diagnosed with epilepsy at an early age. They went away for a short period of time..., then they started again at the age of 13. During my pregancy I went...

Created By: alanarita | 2007-07-24 22:24 | 35 Comments

Hi all

I am new to this forum, and just stumbled across it while trying to search for an explanation of something that happened to me. So my story is...

I was on holiays, so was...

Created By: copelandc | 2007-07-24 12:29 | 1 Comment

I am a 38 yr old female who has partial onset seizures that began 2 years ago. I have tried 4 drugs and various combinations. I am not a surgical candidate. I feel helpless because I never know...

Created By: Jo Jo | 2007-07-24 08:33 | 29 Comments

Anybody just have seizures in the mornings. The only Tonic Clonics I have had are always within 1 hour of waking up, mostly after a night out as I do like a little drink now and again. What...

Created By: chants | 2007-07-24 00:17 | 10 Comments

I have had a horrible time remembering since I've began having this petit-mal condition. I think it's because my condition isn't severe, at all really. I could probably go a week without a seizure...

Created By: Pebbles33 | 2007-07-23 12:16 | 1 Comment

I saw my neuro Wednesday. I had another baseline EEG and a 48hr EEG done the week before. They lost one of my memory cards for my 48hr EEG so they only had 24hrs of info. Everything came back...

Created By: Postman | 2007-07-21 18:24 | 9 Comments

I want to drive!!!!!! I only experienced one siezure my whole life and Dr. put me on a 6 month restriction!

Created By: melissaky | 2007-07-20 15:18 | 31 Comments

Just wanted to let you guys know how my Aura's felt. See if any one else feels this way. I have temporal lobe epilepsy, and I basically just have auras or simple partial seizures all day long....

Created By: Peaches78 | 2007-07-19 22:37 | 2 Comments

When you have a seizure does it kill brain cells? I saw my primary care doctor last week and he mentioned something about seizures killing brain cells every time you have one. Does anyone know if...

Pages