A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: alc01 | 2007-05-21 22:33 | 0 Comments

For the past three years I have been watching and recording the sun's activity as in the flares, solar wind and the magnetic field levels on the earth as it reacts to them. NOAA/NASA has it...

Created By: xgi | 2007-05-21 22:24 | 11 Comments

Do you seem to have more sez's when you get tired out? I don't sleep real well unless I swallow a bunch of pills and I hate how I feel in the next day. When I'm on the go for a few days or get...

Created By: tlh64 | 2007-05-21 13:08 | 1 Comment

I have been trying to figure out if I have had seizures for longer than I have realized. I was diagnosed with complex partial seizures last year, after 2 years of sypmtoms. I am trying to figure...

Created By: JeanMarie | 2007-05-20 13:45 | 10 Comments

In November 06 I had a VNS implant. It has helped with seizures. But I've been blowing up at work on a regular basis and it is getting worse. Saw my neuro. yesterday and he said the VNS is...

Created By: debbie katz | 2007-05-20 02:32 | 3 Comments

Hello,

How long does someone have to be on a certain medicine before we can determine if it is working or will not work.

Does it take a certain amount of time for the new medicine...

Created By: keeleyh | 2007-05-19 16:32 | 9 Comments

I know topomax does, I was curious about this side effect. Does Lamictal have the same weightloss rapidity as topomax? Please share your experiences with different meds and weightloss, thanks!

Created By: biogal | 2007-05-18 20:37 | 12 Comments

I am taking Lamotrigine for my E and was wondering if anyone out there taking the same meds has had problems with speach. I seem to have difficulty verbalizing my thoughts even though they are...

Created By: Peaches78 | 2007-05-18 12:35 | 3 Comments

I just saw my neuro on Monday and he asked me if anyone in my family has seizures and I told him no. He said my seizures sound like they are inherited. I told him unless it was way back or someone...

Created By: stephanie patient | 2007-05-17 16:11 | 7 Comments

Does anyone have lesions or "white spots" on their mri? I was in a car accident where my head hit the windshield, the mri showed these spots. The doctors say they are most likely due to the head...

Created By: Jodi19 | 2007-05-17 11:26 | 3 Comments

I've been diagnosed with epilepsy for about 3 years and every medication I've tried doesn't seem to work. I'm so tired of taking meds and dealing with these f^*king side effects and still having...

Created By: whacky brain waves | 2007-05-16 12:59 | 6 Comments

I have a hard time understanding if I have had a seizure or after affects of medication. I have complex partial seizures and am challenged in determining what is a seizure and when I am just...

Created By: moongirl | 2007-05-16 01:04 | 5 Comments

Hi, I have been seizure free for over 2 years now. But recently, i have had moments when i kinda space out for a few seconds but am still conscious. Like if we were talking i wont remember about...

Created By: anniemae | 2007-05-15 15:55 | 5 Comments

does anyone have there arm and leg feel like it is heavy and numb when they wake up. sort of like when you have been to the dentist and coming out of being numb . after having a night time seizure...

Created By: kaidi | 2007-05-15 11:53 | 2 Comments

My history is this: I began having seizures when I was 10. I lose consciousness with almost no warning and regain consciousness anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes later with tingling hands,...

Created By: Anonymous | 2007-05-14 09:47 | 2 Comments

was controlled for four years,taking meds every 12 hours but going to school at night and doing most studying and things at night,falling tosleep around midnight and waking up close to...

Created By: Sausha | 2007-05-13 13:18 | 0 Comments

Hi,

Last night I woke up because my left hand was slapping my face. After I awoke it did it a few more times than stopped. I quickly fell back to sleep. I have both simple and complex...

Created By: justagirl | 2007-05-12 20:26 | 13 Comments

problem of sorts and was hoping someone can help me.I was diagnosed as a teen with epilepsy,I always had petie mal seizures,,For some reason,,,,since I dnt have the very NOTIEABLE kind,,,,i think...

Created By: Greg671 | 2007-05-11 22:37 | 1 Comment

HI everyone, I just want to ask a question because I am left very confused by my doctor's diagnosis. First of a bit about me, I have been seeing a psychiatrist for 5 years for depression and body...

Created By: tbear0628 | 2007-05-11 16:28 | 2 Comments

HI All,

I have recently been diagnosed with epilepsy. I had a full seizure about two months ago while shopping and was placed on Trileptal, 600 mg/day. I have not had any major events...

Created By: ltiger19 | 2007-05-11 13:39 | 0 Comments

Hi everyone,
I feel like I need to say something. I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 11 yrs old and was told I would most likely outgrow it by the time I was 13 but I didn't. When I...

Pages