A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: alexis00 | 2007-05-28 14:03 | 3 Comments

Anyone have this? I usually get this at night, when falling asleep or walk up with it/from it.

Everything seems to speed up around me, even my heart beat (although it actually doesn't) and...

Created By: jacky99 | 2007-05-28 11:54 | 1 Comment

in the past year i have noticed that my eyes shake. not the muscle twitching below my eye but the actual eye itself which then affects my eyesight for a few seconds. no one ever notices because it...

Created By: rosegirl | 2007-05-26 16:52 | 5 Comments

After having a seizure in front of my friends, my best friend researched it like she was just diagnosed. She read that keeping a schedule decreases seizures. Is this true? Because if it is I'll...

Created By: elraton74 | 2007-05-26 15:38 | 2 Comments

I am having difficulty coping with epilepsy. My wife is forcing me to go to groups and trying to get me to share my feelings, this is the only way I can, anonymosly. Anyway, I think I had one last...

Created By: rosegirl | 2007-05-26 15:20 | 2 Comments

It doesn't happen to me anymore but when it did I wondered if it was a seizure or not. I would be standing at the kitchen counter, talking to my sister and all of a sudden I would start to lean...

Created By: czar1213 | 2007-05-26 10:11 | 2 Comments

I have been living a frustrated life with mood swings, numb ness-(left side of head, arm and leg) all my life. Totalled 3 vehicles and wrecked a few others, at 44 yrs old I give up driving...

Created By: MOLSON | 2007-05-25 22:00 | 18 Comments

what can you say? can you honestly speak to people about epilepsy? can they understand? i doubt it. and who has not made plans? be honest if you can. talk about the seriousness of these events....

Created By: stephanie patient | 2007-05-25 20:41 | 3 Comments

Has anyone heard of doing a blood test to confirm a seizure. I've heard if your muscles are sore something will show up on a blood test. Also a high white cell count can also confirm a seizure...

Created By: dmacasassy | 2007-05-25 11:21 | 4 Comments

I have JME (diagnosed 5 months ago) and to date have had only one Grand Mal seizure. Originally, I was told not to fly anywhere for travel as the altitude could cause a seizure. Now, I'm told it's...

Created By: marylala | 2007-05-25 10:20 | 0 Comments

OK, this is gonna sound nuts, but here goes: before i knew i had epilepsy, this trange thing happened to me. i live in an apartment with lots of antiques, and in my bedroom there was a beautiful...

Created By: marylala | 2007-05-23 12:20 | 2 Comments

does anyone know of any good epilepsy books and documentaries? i don't mean handbooks, but rather historical books that document epilepsy throughout the history of time. some shamanistic accounts...

Created By: marylala | 2007-05-23 09:15 | 2 Comments

I was diagnosed with e two years ago, and any time a new experience/milestone comes up in my life (job, e.g.), i get scared that i'm going to have a seizure. but lately, i've been getting really...

Created By: marylala | 2007-05-22 16:02 | 2 Comments

Hi,
I was diagnosed with epilepsy at age 21. I had absence seizures all throughout my childhood, but my peidatricians said i was just "dreamy". i also had myoclonic seizures mixed in with...

Created By: Ghebre | 2007-05-22 14:00 | 3 Comments

Dear Folks,
This has been a very miserable two years worst my life, with my seizures getting worst by the day.
Thanks for letting my steam off.

Regars,

Created By: alc01 | 2007-05-21 22:33 | 0 Comments

For the past three years I have been watching and recording the sun's activity as in the flares, solar wind and the magnetic field levels on the earth as it reacts to them. NOAA/NASA has it...

Created By: xgi | 2007-05-21 22:24 | 11 Comments

Do you seem to have more sez's when you get tired out? I don't sleep real well unless I swallow a bunch of pills and I hate how I feel in the next day. When I'm on the go for a few days or get...

Created By: tlh64 | 2007-05-21 13:08 | 1 Comment

I have been trying to figure out if I have had seizures for longer than I have realized. I was diagnosed with complex partial seizures last year, after 2 years of sypmtoms. I am trying to figure...

Created By: JeanMarie | 2007-05-20 13:45 | 10 Comments

In November 06 I had a VNS implant. It has helped with seizures. But I've been blowing up at work on a regular basis and it is getting worse. Saw my neuro. yesterday and he said the VNS is...

Created By: debbie katz | 2007-05-20 02:32 | 3 Comments

Hello,

How long does someone have to be on a certain medicine before we can determine if it is working or will not work.

Does it take a certain amount of time for the new medicine...

Created By: keeleyh | 2007-05-19 16:32 | 9 Comments

I know topomax does, I was curious about this side effect. Does Lamictal have the same weightloss rapidity as topomax? Please share your experiences with different meds and weightloss, thanks!

Pages