A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: George R | 2007-01-16 12:57 | 0 Comments

Most of my life I was "the typical" midwestern American boy, at least as movie goers saw him. Blonde hair, heading down a Cleveland street, books under skinny arm, the first in his family to...

Created By: andy m | 2007-01-15 06:05 | 1 Comment

Some people may or may not know about this but I was thinking about it recently and decided to try and put it into words.
About 5 years ago my tonic clonic seizures were getting worse and...

Created By: Lorirunner | 2007-01-14 22:41 | 2 Comments

Hi
I was wondering if any of you have experenced a numbness or pins and needles in your face...I'm on zonegran and phenebarbital for TLE. This is new for me.

Thanks

Created By: wldhrt13 | 2007-01-14 07:09 | 0 Comments

I never knew that smoking pot can help with E! this excerpt taken from:

http://www.enh.org/...

Created By: Bedge | 2007-01-14 06:48 | 43 Comments

Ok ... I've noticed a few weird things latley.

For example: My boyfriend and I will be watching telly, when he gets up during the add breaks he asks me to call out to him when the show...

Created By: coopernicus | 2007-01-14 00:12 | 3 Comments

Sometimes I have little 'blips in time' - it's like an internal jump and .... I don't know how to explain it. It's kind of like a wrinkle or ...blip....in time?! Other times I have moments where...

Created By: goodwill | 2007-01-13 01:01 | 2 Comments

Hello. I'm new. I've had seizures for a long time but never lost consciousness with them until recently, just once. Yesterday I saw my doctor, and now I can't drive. I work an hour from home. I...

Created By: JeanMarie | 2007-01-12 21:06 | 0 Comments

I saw my neurologist today after one month of having the VNS activated and he said, "I can see a difference in you already." I feel so much more energetic, alert, fewer auras, and feel good about...

Created By: hmselby2 | 2007-01-12 14:13 | 3 Comments

I had my first simple-partial seizures last spring. I didn't know what they were initially, but started to figure out that they might be seizures. I had just started taking Wellbutrin and was...

Created By: George R | 2007-01-12 10:20 | 3 Comments

If you're like me, you begin every new year with several "hope this will happen" items. One of mine always has to do with fewer and milder seizures. And that hope is sensible, sure, but then aren'...

Created By: elsea | 2007-01-11 17:06 | 45 Comments

I may have simple partial epilepsy. Has anyone who has this lost your driver's license?
The dr. suggested I have a VEEG test in the hospital. But if I get a dx, then what happens?
I...

Created By: slhmurphy | 2007-01-10 21:25 | 4 Comments

My episodes seem to be simple or complex partials. I don't lose consciousness, but my awareness may be altered. I have some that seem similar, but sometimes they are different. For example, so...

Created By: jasoncox | 2007-01-10 18:12 | 7 Comments

I'm a guy, and I'm 23 years old. I'm one of those guys that isn't scared of much, and I do alot to prove it all the time. Mostly stupid things like skydiving and driving too fast. Well, that was...

Created By: wldhrt13 | 2007-01-09 13:58 | 3 Comments

I understand that the right side of the brain is said to control the the left side motor function of the body. This is called contralateral.

But, is it possible to have a Ipsilateral...

Created By: wldhrt13 | 2007-01-09 00:19 | 2 Comments

If a person's seizures are originating deep within the brain, what kind of EEG is sensitive enough to pick them up?

Created By: wldhrt13 | 2007-01-08 11:06 | 2 Comments

Does anyone know why you are not supposed to have any coffee/tea/cola 24 hours before your EEG test?

Like how the heck are you supposed to stay up all night for a sleep deprived test if...

Created By: crazypunkasslady | 2007-01-07 20:23 | 0 Comments

Alright, so I have epilepsy, and I have lived with it through various degrees for the last 10+ years. I have had seizures during the most inappropriate and embarassing times. I often do very...

Created By: DavidMcP | 2007-01-05 18:31 | 1 Comment

Any quick feedback on this med. I read some of the other threads, but thought I would start a new one. I am "supposed" to start it tonight, no rush I am on Tegretol and Keppra too, and the other...

Created By: Christina41586 | 2007-01-05 12:30 | 4 Comments

So I've had to build myself up to asking this question, but I feel like it's okay to do so now. Hopefully you all can offer me some advice and answers.

In July, three months before my...

Created By: hmselby2 | 2007-01-05 11:52 | 11 Comments

Hi everybody! I am 33 years old, and am recently diagnosed with epilepsy. Not just with epilepsy, but recently learned that I actually have different types of seizure activity, therefore,...

Pages