A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: dmacasassy | 2007-03-01 16:05 | 2 Comments

I've read that a diet similar to the Atkins diet (Ketogenic?) can help to control seizures. I'm on AED for epilepsy as I would imagine most people with epilepsy are. But I'm curious if this...

Created By: beaconeer | 2007-03-01 02:04 | 1 Comment

"I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore..."

I dont have a clue if my experiences are similar to anyone else's, anyone else at all, in my region, in my state, in the USA, in...

Created By: revawave | 2007-02-28 09:21 | 5 Comments

I am wondering at what point you can claim disability and receive SSI. I cannot drive and have many petit mal "blank out" seizures a day. I have learned to get around it and I function perfectly...

Created By: INACLASSBYMYLONESOME | 2007-02-25 11:41 | 4 Comments

I WASN'T ADMINISTERED ANY MEDS AFTER BEING ADMITTED THAT MONDAY MORNING. THE PLAN WAS BY NOT BEING ON ANY MEDICATIONS, I WOULD GO INTO A SEZIURE. THEY HOOKED ME UP TO BE MONIOTRED IN HOPES THAT...

Created By: dessim | 2007-02-25 10:06 | 7 Comments

hi, i have been having siezures for over a year now, and at the start of that year, i would have them about 3-4 times a day, and now its gottne to about 1-2 times a week, or even a month. i have a...

Created By: Hoddinott | 2007-02-25 07:58 | 3 Comments

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've been having seizures now for two years. In the beginning it was two a week then it went to one month then to nothing. I had to quit my job at the time cause the...

Created By: Staci17 | 2007-02-22 23:47 | 1 Comment

I just need some advice. I just moved to montana and am ten hours away from my parents. Lately I have been getting these jerks in my arm. THey seem to start in my head and down my neck. It feels...

Created By: wldhrt13 | 2007-02-22 23:23 | 5 Comments

The results are in from my last sleep deprived EEG, it was completely normal. Now in total, I have had 4 EEG's. #1 was sleep deprived and "was mildly abnormal showing low to moderate voltage...

Created By: DorisEllen | 2007-02-22 16:05 | 0 Comments

I noticed many have difficulty with memory. I can appreicate others experiences since I relate to many of them. Post left temporal, my current memory is really bad, however I can remember things...

Created By: lrshaw | 2007-02-21 21:57 | 3 Comments

I can feel one coming on. They start w/butterflies in my stomach & get off balance & a tingling in my head & i think slower. I'm having the hardest time typing this...I keep having to...

Created By: MOONLIGHT | 2007-02-21 13:34 | 3 Comments

HI PEOPLE
MY NANE IS STEVE IM NEW TO THIS WEBSITE. IVE HAD EPILEPSY FOR 30 YEARS NOW. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY KNOWS IF THERE CLOSE TO FINDING A CURE? OR IF THERE EVEN IS ONE?...

Created By: bhoover81 | 2007-02-19 00:10 | 1 Comment

Hi all! Let me start out by saying it's a pleasure to be a member of this community and wish you all health and happiness.

Let me start out with a little bit of my history and move onto my...

Created By: shwnrao | 2007-02-18 14:19 | 7 Comments

I have had epilepsy since 15. I am 40 now and my tegretol dosage has been increased over the years to 600mgx2. I had a seizure last week. I suspect my body is developing an immunity to Tegretol....

Created By: itsmedy | 2007-02-16 19:27 | 8 Comments

Hi Everyone it's been a while since I have been on the boards. I wanted to post tonight because I am desperate for something to happen in my life. I need a change. My family is struggling so bad...

Created By: jilly | 2007-02-16 12:37 | 8 Comments

Good Morning,

I have been fairly new to this disorder.
My employment is what is concerning me. I don't like anyone knowing about this problem, I feel it is personal. Unfortunately,...

Created By: emartin74 | 2007-02-15 22:55 | 9 Comments

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this as a side effect of the seizure meds they take . . . if so how do you deal with it? I've been using various methods . . . tweezing, cream facial...

Created By: jj84gal | 2007-02-15 19:04 | 8 Comments

I semi-controlled tonic-clonic sez and also happen to be a social smoker, usaully having maybe one or two ciggaretts a month. Recentley however my sez activity has increased along with migrains...

hi
Created By: nastaran | 2007-02-15 16:02 | 5 Comments

hi
im almost 20 and i've had seizures since i was 7. anywayz thats not what i wanted to talk about.
i know this sounds really stupid. but do we necessarily have to talk about seizures...

Created By: RamblinJScott | 2007-02-15 08:46 | 6 Comments

I have several aura's (deja-vu, smells, tingling, etc...) and I read the posts on here where others of you experience the same things. But, in addition to those I get a sharp sensation in my toes...

Created By: brgnshpr1 | 2007-02-14 17:09 | 3 Comments

I have been experiencing some weird feelings lately, and wondering if I should call the neuro to set up an appointment or if I am just being paranoid. I have really appreciated everyone's info....

Pages