A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: StrictlyTopSecret | 2007-04-21 22:32 | 4 Comments

I am scheduled for a 24-hr ambulatory EEG on 5/2/07. I had a seizure 4/6/07. I've no seizure activity (to my knowledge) since then. Generally speaking, would an EEG still register abnormal...

Created By: jonboydub | 2007-04-21 20:50 | 10 Comments

I just have to say it would be nice to find a proper girl who happens to have epilepsy. We could understand together. Even if I am out I find my self hoping for the girl to have epilepsy. Weird I...

Created By: banffgirl | 2007-04-20 01:52 | 8 Comments

in the 24 years i had grande mals they have always been at night sleeping. on monday i went to walmart with my husband. we were almost finished when my husband says i said i felt funny, and...

Created By: gateless_gate | 2007-04-19 18:39 | 0 Comments

Hi, i blogged the following but some things happened, since then, and i thought I would get more feedback.

start off i have them every month around the same date almost exactly... It starts...

Created By: anniemarie | 2007-04-19 09:04 | 1 Comment

Hi, Iam anniemarie, My question is can Auras be a Seizure I have Grand-mals and have had seizures on and off my whole life. I started them in grad school when I was about 11 or 12 and Iam 42 now...

Created By: rnapier12110 | 2007-04-18 18:10 | 7 Comments

i don't have seizures often. probably like once every 2 months. when i do they last 30 seconds or so. i'm on lamictal, keppra, carbatrol and something else. i drink alcohol with my friends...

Created By: justpounds | 2007-04-18 08:04 | 10 Comments

I'm 26 and diagnosed with Partials and originally saw a neurologist as I thought i had ADHD. My e is basically all about my inattention and forgetfulness, I don't have massive seizures I just...

Created By: budy | 2007-04-17 19:08 | 0 Comments

i have a friend that suffers from parkisons and is on L-DOPA. affter reading about it i found that its not a drug but a blend of amino acids and has few side effects.
he allowed me to use...

Created By: liliansabina | 2007-04-17 18:19 | 4 Comments

Hi

I am an epilepsy patient and have experienced a "brain buzz" as part of my problem, for years. It's changed, though, and become stronger and more persistent as I approach 40.

Created By: 5am | 2007-04-16 14:02 | 6 Comments

I am looking for an antidepressant that does not interact with my anticonvulsants. I have tried Wellbutrin and Cymbalta, but both had a side effects that caused extreme anxiety. I felt like I...

Created By: Xena | 2007-04-16 11:18 | 2 Comments

I am scheduled for an ambulatory EEG this friday. My MRI and regular EEG came back normal. : ) Has anyone else taken this test? What can I expect? Also, I'm a restless sleeper, I hope I can...

Created By: jsum06 | 2007-04-16 10:23 | 1 Comment

So, I was diagnosed with epilepsy about 6 months ago and have been having seizures for a little over a year now (I spent alot of time ignoring it, dangerous, but I knew what it was, there must be...

Created By: wldhrt13 | 2007-04-16 09:45 | 5 Comments

I can set my clock to this happening every month. The day I ovulate, I wake up and about an hour after I'm up etc...my left side gets very weak. I notice it and think "what makes this happen...

Created By: rebeccaqueen | 2007-04-16 01:22 | 1 Comment

Hi, I am new to epilepsy.com. I have had seizures for about 20 years and I was wondering if anyone has had the ability after having seizures to go scuba diving.

Created By: markovnikov | 2007-04-15 16:35 | 2 Comments

I got a phone call today from my mother stating that she thought she had a seizure last night. She said she had woken up from a nap, and had let the dogs outside to go to the bathroom. As she...

Created By: wendy girl | 2007-04-15 15:24 | 6 Comments

HI everyone, ok I am really worried to say it but does anyone have a seizure that involves talking and not knowing it? I guess I am doing this all the time. I will call someone's name out, or...

Created By: maryanns pond | 2007-04-14 17:30 | 0 Comments

Hi everyone, I'm maryann and only a few days new here.

I'm 14 years with TLE p/c seizures intractatble. I am very familiar with how flashing lights moving graphics etc. impact seizures. I...

Created By: Shadow | 2007-04-14 17:02 | 11 Comments

Hi,

I really don't know how to start this post so I guess I'll start with some background info. I'm 20 years old and for the last 2-3 months I've been having strange symptoms which consist...

Created By: sasha_a | 2007-04-14 16:37 | 1 Comment

Over the last year, I have lost consciousness many times. Everybody thought it was syncope but a cardiologist failed to find a cardiac cause. My family doctor now thinks it is epilepsy and has...

Created By: quirky | 2007-04-14 08:39 | 0 Comments

Hi everyone,

I hope all is doing well.
Recently I have been a bit stressed out with the news of grandad's illness and 2 nights ago(Thursday night)I had a strange event. Before I begin...

Pages