A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: jj.gitties | 2007-01-19 08:49 | 4 Comments

I posed this on Usenet -- but thought I would post here as well -- just to get some thoughts.

I just had a grand mal on monday. it freaked the hell out of me because i had it out of the...

Created By: wldhrt13 | 2007-01-18 00:15 | 4 Comments

Is the EEG sensitive enough to pick one of these up?

Created By: Gina Marie | 2007-01-17 23:05 | 2 Comments

I was reading this under the comorbid section, about sleep disorders:

"Sleep disorders (e.g., sleepwalking, nocturnal panic disorder, sleep attacks due to excessive daytime sleepiness) may...

Created By: revawave | 2007-01-17 18:29 | 6 Comments

I am new here. I am 26, with epilepsy since age 8. I recently moved and needed to find a closer neurologist, today was my first appt. For background info, I have had absence seizures, with a...

Created By: slhmurphy | 2007-01-17 09:08 | 2 Comments

Started a week ago with an episode (having been diagnosed w/ seizures yet) that featured twitching and head movements (skaking head no). This week I've had three days in a row. The first I went...

Created By: WVBaker | 2007-01-16 19:06 | 24 Comments

To anyone who will listen:

Over the past few weeks, my wife described to me “episodes”, which she claims I was having. I of course, have no reason to doubt her, but don’t remember...

Created By: fzMousie | 2007-01-16 16:34 | 11 Comments

I had my first appointment with my new neurologist today. He has decided that I do NOT have a seizure disorder, but that I am far more likely to be suffering from migraines.

I don't know...

Created By: Melonie | 2007-01-16 13:45 | 8 Comments

Hi! I am a 23 female with Ep. I was just wondering if it is normal to be SO TIRED most of the time. Everytime I try to comlpete a task I have to rest like every 10 mins. I feel "stupid" because...

Created By: George R | 2007-01-16 12:57 | 0 Comments

Most of my life I was "the typical" midwestern American boy, at least as movie goers saw him. Blonde hair, heading down a Cleveland street, books under skinny arm, the first in his family to...

Created By: andy m | 2007-01-15 06:05 | 1 Comment

Some people may or may not know about this but I was thinking about it recently and decided to try and put it into words.
About 5 years ago my tonic clonic seizures were getting worse and...

Created By: Lorirunner | 2007-01-14 22:41 | 2 Comments

Hi
I was wondering if any of you have experenced a numbness or pins and needles in your face...I'm on zonegran and phenebarbital for TLE. This is new for me.

Thanks

Created By: wldhrt13 | 2007-01-14 07:09 | 0 Comments

I never knew that smoking pot can help with E! this excerpt taken from:

http://www.enh.org/...

Created By: Bedge | 2007-01-14 06:48 | 43 Comments

Ok ... I've noticed a few weird things latley.

For example: My boyfriend and I will be watching telly, when he gets up during the add breaks he asks me to call out to him when the show...

Created By: coopernicus | 2007-01-14 00:12 | 3 Comments

Sometimes I have little 'blips in time' - it's like an internal jump and .... I don't know how to explain it. It's kind of like a wrinkle or ...blip....in time?! Other times I have moments where...

Created By: goodwill | 2007-01-13 01:01 | 2 Comments

Hello. I'm new. I've had seizures for a long time but never lost consciousness with them until recently, just once. Yesterday I saw my doctor, and now I can't drive. I work an hour from home. I...

Created By: JeanMarie | 2007-01-12 21:06 | 0 Comments

I saw my neurologist today after one month of having the VNS activated and he said, "I can see a difference in you already." I feel so much more energetic, alert, fewer auras, and feel good about...

Created By: hmselby2 | 2007-01-12 14:13 | 3 Comments

I had my first simple-partial seizures last spring. I didn't know what they were initially, but started to figure out that they might be seizures. I had just started taking Wellbutrin and was...

Created By: George R | 2007-01-12 10:20 | 3 Comments

If you're like me, you begin every new year with several "hope this will happen" items. One of mine always has to do with fewer and milder seizures. And that hope is sensible, sure, but then aren'...

Created By: elsea | 2007-01-11 17:06 | 45 Comments

I may have simple partial epilepsy. Has anyone who has this lost your driver's license?
The dr. suggested I have a VEEG test in the hospital. But if I get a dx, then what happens?
I...

Created By: slhmurphy | 2007-01-10 21:25 | 4 Comments

My episodes seem to be simple or complex partials. I don't lose consciousness, but my awareness may be altered. I have some that seem similar, but sometimes they are different. For example, so...

Pages