A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: itsmedy | 2007-02-16 19:27 | 8 Comments

Hi Everyone it's been a while since I have been on the boards. I wanted to post tonight because I am desperate for something to happen in my life. I need a change. My family is struggling so bad...

Created By: jilly | 2007-02-16 12:37 | 8 Comments

Good Morning,

I have been fairly new to this disorder.
My employment is what is concerning me. I don't like anyone knowing about this problem, I feel it is personal. Unfortunately,...

Created By: emartin74 | 2007-02-15 22:55 | 9 Comments

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this as a side effect of the seizure meds they take . . . if so how do you deal with it? I've been using various methods . . . tweezing, cream facial...

Created By: jj84gal | 2007-02-15 19:04 | 8 Comments

I semi-controlled tonic-clonic sez and also happen to be a social smoker, usaully having maybe one or two ciggaretts a month. Recentley however my sez activity has increased along with migrains...

hi
Created By: nastaran | 2007-02-15 16:02 | 5 Comments

hi
im almost 20 and i've had seizures since i was 7. anywayz thats not what i wanted to talk about.
i know this sounds really stupid. but do we necessarily have to talk about seizures...

Created By: RamblinJScott | 2007-02-15 08:46 | 6 Comments

I have several aura's (deja-vu, smells, tingling, etc...) and I read the posts on here where others of you experience the same things. But, in addition to those I get a sharp sensation in my toes...

Created By: brgnshpr1 | 2007-02-14 17:09 | 3 Comments

I have been experiencing some weird feelings lately, and wondering if I should call the neuro to set up an appointment or if I am just being paranoid. I have really appreciated everyone's info....

Created By: KirstyT | 2007-02-13 16:48 | 5 Comments

i was wondering if anyone else remains conscious whilst their whole body is thrown into a seizure.

doctors when i was younger thought i was doing it for attention and ive been in casualty...

Created By: Catcher | 2007-02-12 12:18 | 5 Comments

From age three to six, I had fairly frequent complex partial seizures resulting from a brain lesion. I'm currently eighteen, so the average doctor considers it to no longer be an important part of...

Created By: Jersey | 2007-02-09 22:46 | 1 Comment

Well I offically started Keppra tonight-- 500mg a day. My neuro said it could make me sleep the first few days (which is why i started on a weekend!) and I am... but that could be due to 9hr work...

Created By: Gina Marie | 2007-02-09 18:25 | 7 Comments

During your seizures?

The majority of my seizures I'm in a semi state of awareness, even if I can't respond. I see some things, hear quite a bit. I'm not really thinking though, more like...

Created By: jnjgoss | 2007-02-09 11:01 | 1 Comment

I hate living with seizures but I guess I have to deal with it until I trust God for complete healing of the Body Soul and mind and possibly spirit. God does help me a tremendous amount with my...

Created By: sasquash | 2007-02-08 01:17 | 0 Comments

Hello,

I'm just wondering if anyone here with E has ever experienced this in relation to their seizures?

The last month or so I have had something new happening. All sound will...

Created By: cjwilson74 | 2007-02-07 14:49 | 2 Comments

Over the past 20 years I have had about 5 TC seizure. I had a seizure last week which is the 1st in about 7 years. I have been on 300mg of Dialantin since 1999 but it was determined my serum...

Created By: ramdom | 2007-02-07 05:11 | 12 Comments

I'm curious to know how long people have been seizure free before they (or their doctor) consider themselves "cured" (with or without medication), or if you prefer the correct term, gone into...

Created By: halbee | 2007-02-06 10:04 | 5 Comments

I seem to be one of the very few people with TLE who have had olifactory hallucinations who only experienced pleasant smells.

Until starting medication these were generally food smells and...

Created By: cjwilson74 | 2007-02-05 18:38 | 1 Comment

Hello all,

I was orginally dianosed with E after one grand-mal back in 1987. I was on a mix of AEDs for about 2 year and took myself off the drugs as I entered high school. I remained...

Created By: tlh64 | 2007-02-05 14:25 | 1 Comment

Hi everyone.
Have any of you had trouble with your family understanding that you have a physical disorder and not a psychological one? I feel my sisters think my problem is more of a...

Created By: IkeTurnerEatsStars | 2007-02-05 09:58 | 0 Comments

I'm a 28 yr old black male and I've was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 12/13. I take 400mg of Dilantin daily. I've always had grand mal/tonic clonic seizures and nothing less. There was a time...

Created By: Kknic | 2007-02-05 06:06 | 0 Comments

My name is Nichola Moore, I am a Fine art student at Middlesex University, England and I have epilepsy and amnesia. I find that it is not easy to express my epileptic fits in experiences and word...

Pages