A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: quirky | 2007-06-13 08:45 | 13 Comments

I am a candidate for surgery for ltl.I suffer from complex partial seizures weekly on scale from 1 to 20 a week (every week is different), I no longer have grand mals since I am now taking topamax...

Created By: BikerJoe | 2007-06-12 12:20 | 0 Comments

Searched awhile, but didn't find a subject about High School Reunions ... know of one on here? if not, here we go ... got my 20 year HS Reunion in 2 months. Kind of anxious cause I didn't have TLE...

Created By: Peaches78 | 2007-06-12 00:13 | 3 Comments

I started having simple partial and complex partial seizures two years ago. I take Lamictal and Lexapro which completely controlls my seizures. I have a great neuro who specializes in epilepsy....

Created By: tedtesf | 2007-06-09 17:11 | 0 Comments

Epilepsy, tryptophan depletion, ovarian cyst, carcinoid are among a few assumed names given for diseases called Carcinoid tumor. If you don't know about carcinoid go to Carcinoid foundation site....

Created By: kevinmo99 | 2007-06-08 16:53 | 6 Comments

I suffer from grand mal seizures that are controlled by medicine. The depression is out of control . I just went to school for medical billing and coding .I got a 98.6 final grade for the course...

Created By: revafisheye | 2007-06-07 13:56 | 1 Comment

Has anyone had experience with shifting your workout for a med switch?

Since my diagnosis in Feb, I've taken up bicycling for transportation and exercise. My concern is that as I switch...

Created By: xgi | 2007-06-06 19:35 | 0 Comments

Well starting driving by myself. Feels good but I still think about the 3 MVA I had to to a sez while driving. I still won't drive in heavy traffic and long trips but it feels good to be free...

Created By: SunflowerPower | 2007-06-05 16:19 | 3 Comments

So for the past nine months I've suffering from a mysterious illness. Now it seems that most of my symptoms may be the result of simple partial seizures. I did an EEG, which was normal. My silly...

Created By: andreas | 2007-06-05 05:04 | 1 Comment

hi!
In the summer of 2007 I will have two weeks off of my job. So, I am thinking that is a good opportunity for me to visit a Special Institute of Epilepsy somewhere in Europe. I live on an...

Created By: xgi | 2007-06-04 17:32 | 13 Comments

I'm a alcoholic and was sober for seven years but fell off last year because I had some much pain in my body I used booze and I went into a bad night of sezuires and spent five days in the...

Created By: MirandaGreene | 2007-06-04 12:04 | 0 Comments

I heard about a connection, but wasn't sure if all migraines are related to seizures or if it's just they type with visual disturbances.

Does anyone know more about ths?

Created By: powrd | 2007-06-02 16:16 | 10 Comments

Has anyone experienced or heard of them?

Created By: keeleyh | 2007-06-02 01:35 | 3 Comments

I would love to become a paramedic, however I'm not sure if it's the best career path to follow with epilepsy. I have complex/simple partial seizures, but they've been under total control since...

Created By: staceychil | 2007-06-01 19:06 | 14 Comments

At eighteen, I was issued a license that right of passage so important for a young person striving for independence and autonomy. I was even more excited to get my license since I always felt...

Created By: bleedingheart | 2007-05-31 23:34 | 9 Comments

Hi
How does the weather, especially summertime, affect people with epilepsy? Do you feel good with sunshine or exhausted in heat. Is there any difference in fall/winter or even Spring?...

Created By: Ghebre | 2007-05-31 18:07 | 0 Comments

Dear Webmaster & all concerned members,

Thank you for your information, support & encouragement, when I'm confused, frustrated & wondering if I can bear it any more & when I...

Created By: rosegirl | 2007-05-31 00:36 | 4 Comments

What do you think scares people the most when it comes to epilepsy? Is it not knowing what to do? Or the stigma attached to it?

Created By: rtc | 2007-05-30 13:15 | 0 Comments

I am trying to find a assisted living home for my daughter who is 24. I live close to Columbia SC. I would like to find one close so we can visit and still see each other on a regular basis. She...

Created By: leighann | 2007-05-29 14:36 | 1 Comment

Hello,
I was wondering if there is anyone on here or someone who can refer me to someone/where that can help my husband and I.
My first grand mal happened when I was 18. I had only a...

Created By: tablesandchairs | 2007-05-29 09:27 | 1 Comment

So I'm a recently turned 19 year old, sophomore in college. I have been having hallucinatory episodes (auditory and visual) since my junior year in high school, only two or three times a year, and...

Pages