Community Forum

A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: karolina | 2007-09-29 18:03 | 3 Comments

Has anyone had unusual EEG results? Did you get strange spikes and waves throughout the test or just at certain times. If your doctor said your results were inconclusive what was the explanation...

Created By: Gina Marie | 2007-09-29 13:16 | 15 Comments

Do use more technical terms, describing them as absence, tonic-clonic, etc and so forth seizures, or do you just try and describe them or give the description other people have given you, "You...

Created By: karolina | 2007-09-27 16:00 | 0 Comments

Has anyone been diagnosed with Epilepsy but always had a negative EEG? If yes do you think you were diagnosed because of your symptoms or frequency of seizures? Or maybe because someone...

Created By: christy316 | 2007-09-27 13:31 | 1 Comment

Is there a diet for seizures (that can help them)?
I hear of so many bad reactions to the meds. Why take them? How is it safe when on these meds that could have such bad side effects? Do the...

Created By: jacky99 | 2007-09-27 10:09 | 5 Comments

for the past couple of weeks i have had a long stretch of shift because my boss got sick so i had to pick up extra days (against my will might i add). its in the beginning of conference season so...

Created By: christy316 | 2007-09-27 05:29 | 3 Comments

I don't know if I spelled that right (auros).

I was diagnosised with pettimal seizures at age 13. I think it is now known as absence seizures. I went off the meds at age 15 (due to the...

Created By: christy316 | 2007-09-27 01:08 | 2 Comments

symptoms of pettimal seizures?

Created By: Believe | 2007-09-26 19:44 | 2 Comments

Well today I just found out about the California hardship early license program. My husband is down at DMV as I type trying to find out more. Basically, it would allow our 14 year old daughter...

Created By: karend03 | 2007-09-26 10:57 | 1 Comment

Yesterday, I submitted the essay I have on my blog to the morning show The View. I checked my email this morning, and look at the reply I received. They actually read it. I don't believe it.

Created By: banffgirl | 2007-09-25 16:43 | 16 Comments

we poour our hearts out hoping that someone will read and answer our blogs. we all have e or a spouse or child with e so we know what kind of heck we are all going thru. yes we are going thru it...

Created By: ialdridge | 2007-09-25 09:01 | 5 Comments

Ok sorry I know this is going to be long but I have to ask. I have been on depakote for over a month not and have reach my theraputic levels for 2 weeks. They stay around 90. I take Depakote ER...

Created By: AngelWings | 2007-09-25 01:36 | 0 Comments

I've been on Keppra 250mg twice a day for about 6 months now. I'm planning on taking birth control pills again (Yaz, to be exact) and I'm wondering if each of these medications will be as...

Created By: indyfan | 2007-09-25 01:20 | 26 Comments

Hello, I'm new

I'm a 21 year old and I started noticing that I was "blanking out" oddly a couple of years ago

Finally after 2 years, I see a doctor, he tells me I might have "Absence...

Created By: spcsangel | 2007-09-24 12:56 | 4 Comments

yesterday I was sitting in the Living room eating a snack with my younger kids ... they started palying kinda loud the phone started ringing the dogs were barking, trust me im use to all this with...

Created By: dave 44 | 2007-09-22 20:48 | 9 Comments

It will just make me feel better to write this,ok?

I got off work yesterday at 9pm. Had to get up at 6 am this morn to go back. I got maybe 3 hours good sleep.Also in the middle of my...

Created By: karolina | 2007-09-22 19:15 | 7 Comments

I have read about people having a hard time finding the right words to say and getting tongue tied a lot but what about just doing really stupid things. I was sitting in my car yesterday with my...

Created By: Mactheknife | 2007-09-22 03:40 | 3 Comments

Last month I had multiple fits after going 3 years free. A consequence of the severe convulsions was bad lumbar pain. Freaking out factor no 1 was the possibility of a brain tumour. A neuro last...

Created By: Gina Marie | 2007-09-21 15:03 | 1 Comment

The title says it all.

Wednesday night-early thursday morning was one seizure after another. When I could think I thought I was going to die. I remember the start of them, and sometimes...

Created By: suebear | 2007-09-20 18:35 | 4 Comments

I have been wondering about this still but haven't had the nerve (or the time) to make a consultation and find out exactly what is up with the Vagus Nerve Stimulator. The biggest issue for me has...

Created By: tino | 2007-09-20 18:09 | 10 Comments

I got dx with simple partial seizures several months ago, i was put on zonegran and it stopped my seizures but it made me very jittery and anxious to the point of uncomfortable all the time so i...

Our Mission

The mission of the Epilepsy Foundation is to lead the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures, and save lives.

24/7 helpline