A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: banffgirl | 2007-04-20 01:52 | 8 Comments

in the 24 years i had grande mals they have always been at night sleeping. on monday i went to walmart with my husband. we were almost finished when my husband says i said i felt funny, and...

Created By: gateless_gate | 2007-04-19 18:39 | 0 Comments

Hi, i blogged the following but some things happened, since then, and i thought I would get more feedback.

start off i have them every month around the same date almost exactly... It starts...

Created By: anniemarie | 2007-04-19 09:04 | 1 Comment

Hi, Iam anniemarie, My question is can Auras be a Seizure I have Grand-mals and have had seizures on and off my whole life. I started them in grad school when I was about 11 or 12 and Iam 42 now...

Created By: rnapier12110 | 2007-04-18 18:10 | 7 Comments

i don't have seizures often. probably like once every 2 months. when i do they last 30 seconds or so. i'm on lamictal, keppra, carbatrol and something else. i drink alcohol with my friends...

Created By: justpounds | 2007-04-18 08:04 | 10 Comments

I'm 26 and diagnosed with Partials and originally saw a neurologist as I thought i had ADHD. My e is basically all about my inattention and forgetfulness, I don't have massive seizures I just...

Created By: budy | 2007-04-17 19:08 | 0 Comments

i have a friend that suffers from parkisons and is on L-DOPA. affter reading about it i found that its not a drug but a blend of amino acids and has few side effects.
he allowed me to use...

Created By: liliansabina | 2007-04-17 18:19 | 4 Comments

Hi

I am an epilepsy patient and have experienced a "brain buzz" as part of my problem, for years. It's changed, though, and become stronger and more persistent as I approach 40.

Created By: 5am | 2007-04-16 14:02 | 6 Comments

I am looking for an antidepressant that does not interact with my anticonvulsants. I have tried Wellbutrin and Cymbalta, but both had a side effects that caused extreme anxiety. I felt like I...

Created By: Xena | 2007-04-16 11:18 | 2 Comments

I am scheduled for an ambulatory EEG this friday. My MRI and regular EEG came back normal. : ) Has anyone else taken this test? What can I expect? Also, I'm a restless sleeper, I hope I can...

Created By: jsum06 | 2007-04-16 10:23 | 1 Comment

So, I was diagnosed with epilepsy about 6 months ago and have been having seizures for a little over a year now (I spent alot of time ignoring it, dangerous, but I knew what it was, there must be...

Created By: wldhrt13 | 2007-04-16 09:45 | 5 Comments

I can set my clock to this happening every month. The day I ovulate, I wake up and about an hour after I'm up etc...my left side gets very weak. I notice it and think "what makes this happen...

Created By: rebeccaqueen | 2007-04-16 01:22 | 1 Comment

Hi, I am new to epilepsy.com. I have had seizures for about 20 years and I was wondering if anyone has had the ability after having seizures to go scuba diving.

Created By: markovnikov | 2007-04-15 16:35 | 2 Comments

I got a phone call today from my mother stating that she thought she had a seizure last night. She said she had woken up from a nap, and had let the dogs outside to go to the bathroom. As she...

Created By: wendy girl | 2007-04-15 15:24 | 6 Comments

HI everyone, ok I am really worried to say it but does anyone have a seizure that involves talking and not knowing it? I guess I am doing this all the time. I will call someone's name out, or...

Created By: maryanns pond | 2007-04-14 17:30 | 0 Comments

Hi everyone, I'm maryann and only a few days new here.

I'm 14 years with TLE p/c seizures intractatble. I am very familiar with how flashing lights moving graphics etc. impact seizures. I...

Created By: Shadow | 2007-04-14 17:02 | 11 Comments

Hi,

I really don't know how to start this post so I guess I'll start with some background info. I'm 20 years old and for the last 2-3 months I've been having strange symptoms which consist...

Created By: sasha_a | 2007-04-14 16:37 | 1 Comment

Over the last year, I have lost consciousness many times. Everybody thought it was syncope but a cardiologist failed to find a cardiac cause. My family doctor now thinks it is epilepsy and has...

Created By: quirky | 2007-04-14 08:39 | 0 Comments

Hi everyone,

I hope all is doing well.
Recently I have been a bit stressed out with the news of grandad's illness and 2 nights ago(Thursday night)I had a strange event. Before I begin...

Created By: autumn18 | 2007-04-14 00:00 | 0 Comments

Hi, I have lived with Epilepsy since I was a small 19 month old baby. When I turned 3 they quit. They returned when I hit the puberty age of 11. They have been back ever since. I was active in...

Created By: autumn18 | 2007-04-13 23:55 | 10 Comments

Is dating that "perfect someone" hard for you because you have Epilepsy and they don't. Have you ever been in these shoes? What have you done? Do you keep it a secret til they find out from the "...

Pages