A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: crashy | 2007-07-03 20:53 | 0 Comments

In the nights following a grand-mal, I have very repetitive dreams. To put it in movie terms, I dont watch the whole movie from beginning to end, night after night. Instead, I take one scene and...

Created By: Pam1970 | 2007-07-03 08:37 | 4 Comments

Hi, I am new here and am looking for advice. I had been seizure free for 16 years until last Thursday. My doctor had told me a couple of years ago that I was not taking enough Dilantin to make a...

Created By: wldhrt13 | 2007-07-02 20:50 | 1 Comment

just before waking up sometimes, I hear a scream in my head.

anyone know if this could be related to a seizure? could it be me? or just a bad dream.

Created By: jsustik | 2007-07-02 18:02 | 0 Comments

I have been having the hardest time with sleeping for over 4 years now.Falling asleep and staying asleep.It makes it really hard to function normally.I watch what I eat and get plenty of...

Created By: lilcrumb3 | 2007-07-02 13:55 | 7 Comments

I've been eating bread for sometime and it doesn't seem to affect me. Is it ok for epileptics to be eating bread?

Created By: short circut | 2007-07-02 05:45 | 4 Comments

Does anyone have their pupils dialted after a seizure? If yes what kind of seizure do you have. I was told mine aren't typically the type where this happens. I'm wondering if something else...

Created By: shelly maire | 2007-07-02 04:41 | 2 Comments

Hi Everyone just took a few minutes to say hi and update everyone on what is taking place here. Well since I last wrote things have changed a tad bit. LOL Don't they always. Well my sister hasn't...

Created By: elnelson | 2007-07-01 18:40 | 2 Comments

I & my wife, Millie, have been trying to gain information in Pseudo Seizures. It seems to be a forgotten type of Epilepsy.

I was diagnosed with "True" Epileptic Seizures when I was 3...

Created By: coopernicus | 2007-07-01 00:40 | 7 Comments

Hi,

I would love some insight.... I have simple seizures that are annoying. I do not take meds. In the past they were partials that would cause me to lose consciousness. Now I am always...

Created By: xgi | 2007-06-30 15:13 | 0 Comments

I had a doctor tell me that spasm in my left calf muscle is a sez. Been going on for 24/7 over a month now. Up my topirmate and still got spasm. Anyone dealt with this? I've been stretching and...

Created By: RenaGrl808 | 2007-06-29 01:40 | 8 Comments

Hi There. My Name Is Rena. I Suffer From Complex Partial Seizures. My Epilepsy Has Been Getting Worse & I Saw A New Neurologist Today To Get A Second Opinion. He Told Me Many Things I Never...

Created By: Catz | 2007-06-28 04:57 | 2 Comments

Hallo from South Afirca!

I'm new to this, have never blogged, forumed or even been in a chat room, so please bear with me as I learn! ;-) My husband of two and a half years has been...

Created By: cheryla | 2007-06-27 23:35 | 0 Comments

Hello,
I am new to the group and recently posted this on the new forum but have not had many responses. I have been trying to cope with my 3 year old son's epilepsy for the past year but I...

Created By: rubbersoul | 2007-06-27 21:57 | 6 Comments

I am a student at the Medical University of South Carolina, and have been living with epilepsy since I was eight. I decided to make epilepsy a focus of a study, and hopefully I can use the members...

Created By: Steve3503 | 2007-06-27 13:26 | 1 Comment

I would like to hear from others that have had brain surgery. I have had three since 1988. In 2000 I had my third one and have not had a seizure since my problems were in the right temporal lobe...

Created By: autumn18 | 2007-06-26 11:59 | 9 Comments

Is dating that "perfect someone" hard for you because you have Epilepsy and they don't. Have you ever been in these shoes? What have you done? Do you keep it a secret til they find out from the "...

Created By: biogal | 2007-06-25 22:41 | 5 Comments

Hey Everyone,

I don't know what to do. I'm practically in tears right now. My boss is considering terminating my position becuase of my problems with communication as a result of my E....

Created By: Peaches78 | 2007-06-25 17:30 | 2 Comments

I plan on moving out of state to attend grad school soon. I have a great neuro here and I hate that I will be leaving him. What I was wondering though is can I still keep him as my neuro even...

Created By: Utah | 2007-06-25 02:53 | 4 Comments

Hey all... I was recently diagnosed. My mom and or friends have been living with me since my release from the hospital five months ago. However, we can't keep this up. I live alone usually and...

Created By: ryantroglia | 2007-06-25 02:49 | 1 Comment

Hello my name is ryan. I'll start with explaining what happened to me, I hope I don't offend anyone. I do not have a history of seizures and have never had one before the night of 3-30-07. I took...

Pages