A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: banffgirl | 2007-08-03 21:12 | 14 Comments

you know whe your own sister gets horrified because you happen to be with people she knows and she has taken you along and she wants to crawl under a rock. no i dont drive, oh dont you know how?...

Created By: biogal | 2007-08-03 12:33 | 16 Comments

I've never been bothered by my E before but everything's starting to go downhill because of my E and I'm having difficulty coping. I'm starting to get very deppressed. Any suggestions on how to...

Created By: Ghebre | 2007-08-02 19:55 | 6 Comments

After having been diagnosed and struggled for over 10 years with temporal lope epileptic seizures suffering Grand Mal, partial generalized and/or partial seizures and taking 630mg/day of Dilantin...

Created By: melissaky | 2007-08-02 13:26 | 5 Comments

Just wondering has anyone had any gum hemorraging or serious gum bleeding with Lamictal? I'm on 150mg per day.

Created By: SunflowerPower | 2007-08-02 13:04 | 13 Comments

Does anyone have a problem with Todd's Paralysis? I think I sure do. I've been suprised to learn that most people on here don't even know what it is, and I can't find anything about it on this...

Created By: maxine535 | 2007-08-02 03:25 | 1 Comment

Hi. I've just gone through a MRI, CT scan and eeg. MRI and CT were normal but my eeg report showed spike waves that is commnonly seen in epilepsy. However, the doctors, after much consultation,...

Created By: somebody86 | 2007-08-01 12:46 | 0 Comments

I've had seizures since...8th grade or so, I'm 21 now. I've always been pretty touchy about discussing it with anyone, even my neurologists and the only ones who ever know are my roomates and a...

Created By: xgi | 2007-07-31 19:58 | 1 Comment

I'm retired military and now for me to get dental they want me to drive over 200 miles every time I need care which now is a lot. I had a sez and feel and broke my tooth. VA vet affairs is cutting...

Created By: short circut | 2007-07-30 18:32 | 1 Comment

I heard today on Fox news a Supreme Court Justice had a major seize today. They mentioned he had one 14 years ago but had not had any until now. It was shocking to hear one of the respected...

Created By: lilcrumb3 | 2007-07-30 12:03 | 3 Comments

I'm so confused. I can't seem to find a nutritionist that can tell me what I should and shouldn't eat. Does anyone else watch what they eat? Or have a nutritionist that helps them? Specifically in...

Created By: pmoore | 2007-07-29 23:12 | 5 Comments

I feel like a rare breed. Most of my life I have not been on meds and have managed wonderfully whereas most people with E would gasp at the thought of not being on meds. Perhaps the biggest...

Created By: gwen48 | 2007-07-29 10:11 | 2 Comments

Greetings:

I have the dark cloud following me around and I have not noticed the sun lately. Getting up in the morning is a struggle, and I feel like I have the flu. I will be fifty in a...

Created By: sugarsue | 2007-07-28 20:47 | 2 Comments

I don't know how else to say it in the title of the post...

My daughter (almost 5 yrs) had had many seizures today (absence type seizures). She was in the pool a lot and tired which always...

Created By: short circut | 2007-07-28 18:54 | 4 Comments

Anyone have dilated pupils or nausea with their seizures? I'm guessing the muscle contractions caused by the seizure makes the pupil dilate. If you had this happen how long did it take for your...

Created By: pgd | 2007-07-28 00:28 | 4 Comments

Are you now an adult who had absences as a child?

Am looking for adults who had absences as children and, as children, responded well to the right child medicine for absences which caused...

Created By: short circut | 2007-07-27 15:31 | 3 Comments

I really would like to know more about abnormal EEG results. Does anyone want to share what their EEG showed when it came back abnormal? Is it only considered abnormal when these spikes and waves...

Created By: CAOranges | 2007-07-27 14:16 | 5 Comments

I am new to this site, but I've been dealing with Epilepsy for about 15 years now. I have total blackouts and collapse for a couple of minutes, and this happens about three or four times a year....

Created By: jacky99 | 2007-07-27 03:07 | 2 Comments

hey everyone,

ive decided to pursue my life's dream of writing a fiction novel and try my hardest to get it published. im writing a story about a young 23 year old woman with epilepsy and...

Created By: Utah | 2007-07-27 02:39 | 6 Comments

I was and am very pleased to find this site and subsequently a group of people who understand what I'm going through. I'm 39 and was diagnosed in December. I spent three weeks in the hospital and...

Created By: judydohle | 2007-07-26 23:39 | 9 Comments

Not sure how strange this will sound, but does anyone else experience seizures that seems to happen on a rotational basis.

For the last year or so, I have been experiencing seizures on a...

Pages