A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: kevinmo99 | 2007-10-05 21:56 | 2 Comments

I attended school in philly for medical billing . I have went applied for over 386 jobs in last few months.Re did my resume and have went thru ovr . Getting nowhere fast any suggestions

Created By: kcharb | 2007-10-05 21:53 | 7 Comments

Can anyone tell me what exactly an aura is? I've had epilepsy since I was 5 and all I have been able to explain to the many neurologists I've seen when they ask if I have any "auras" are what I...

Created By: wichitarick1 | 2007-10-05 12:32 | 2 Comments

status epilepticus ?hi
I,m a 44 yr male that has had szs for 14 yrs.
I took dilantin "sort of" for yrs. and although I knew it was serious I was recently sober then (13 yrs now) and...

Created By: jacky99 | 2007-10-05 10:38 | 2 Comments

this morning i was getting change from the safe for one of my staff of the restaurant part of the hotel that i work at and when she was talking to me all of a sudden i had this weird feeling hit...

Created By: karolina | 2007-10-04 21:59 | 1 Comment

One of my EEG's had slowing but the neuro stated he thought it may have been from the sleep depravation and not the slow waves associated with epilepsy. Although he almost sounded like he didn't...

Created By: karolina | 2007-10-02 19:00 | 0 Comments

I've read about when people go off meds they get a seizure right away but what about when you go on a med and that triggers one? Anyone have that happen?

Created By: michelledupree | 2007-10-02 15:58 | 4 Comments

i was at a consultant neurologist today and i was hoping to get some answers and i didnt, i was hoping someone on here might be able to help because i really cant cope anymore. he said it isnt...

Created By: edy_telephone | 2007-10-02 01:48 | 4 Comments

I don't know if you all remember what happened to me in the past. I had a big discussion with the 'President' of the epilepsy group/s here in Victoria (Australia). I was glad to be on the Epilepsy...

Created By: mom205 | 2007-10-01 23:23 | 3 Comments

Haven't seen a neuro in years but am seeing one on 10/2.
Any tips on finding the right one?
Years ago my neuro seemed to be a smart person but I don't think she ever saw me as an...

Created By: karolina | 2007-10-01 21:18 | 1 Comment

jacky99, thought of your saying when I saw this bumper sticker today;
When life gives you lemons, reach for another beer.

Created By: karolina | 2007-10-01 14:32 | 1 Comment

Are simple or partial seizures harder to see on an EEG and do both of these have auras? Can anyone tell me if they see things during their deja vu auras? And is it common to have these when you...

Created By: michelle88 | 2007-10-01 12:36 | 2 Comments

Hi,

Since I started on Carbatrol over 5 years ago, I have always had a problem with low sodium. My sodium levels on the CBPs average between 122-130 which is well below the 135 minimum...

Created By: r8ermaniac | 2007-10-01 05:55 | 4 Comments

First let me start by saying I am not a writer and this will probably be all jumbled up. About 4 weeks ago I had my first seizure...and let me tell you it scared me to the depth of my soul. I work...

Created By: ouize | 2007-09-30 22:53 | 3 Comments

has anyone noticed chocolate soy milk, or soy milk in general increasing seizures??
I just spent three weeks in the epilepsy unit with subdural electrodes on my brain monitoring my seizures...

Created By: karolina | 2007-09-30 20:04 | 2 Comments

I was trying to find a site on the internet that showed an actual EEG reading. I want to see the abnormal spikes and sharp waves that indicate possible seizure activity. I'm curious as to what...

Created By: banffgirl | 2007-09-29 18:48 | 8 Comments

my husband has decided that a lot of my confusion over epilespy is brought on by the stupid uneducated medical personel. like he said the emt that said i couldnt have had a seizure if i didnt fall...

Created By: karolina | 2007-09-29 18:03 | 3 Comments

Has anyone had unusual EEG results? Did you get strange spikes and waves throughout the test or just at certain times. If your doctor said your results were inconclusive what was the explanation...

Created By: Gina Marie | 2007-09-29 13:16 | 15 Comments

Do use more technical terms, describing them as absence, tonic-clonic, etc and so forth seizures, or do you just try and describe them or give the description other people have given you, "You...

Created By: karolina | 2007-09-27 16:00 | 0 Comments

Has anyone been diagnosed with Epilepsy but always had a negative EEG? If yes do you think you were diagnosed because of your symptoms or frequency of seizures? Or maybe because someone...

Created By: christy316 | 2007-09-27 13:31 | 1 Comment

Is there a diet for seizures (that can help them)?
I hear of so many bad reactions to the meds. Why take them? How is it safe when on these meds that could have such bad side effects? Do the...

Pages