A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: Christina41586 | 2007-08-21 22:50 | 2 Comments

I have to have my gallbladder taken out. It's going to be laparoscopic, which is fine, four little incisions. I'm not afraid about the actually surgery, just the anesthesia.

I was in the...

Created By: banffgirl | 2007-08-21 02:15 | 11 Comments

well i now know that neuros and epi spec dont know everything, after my big scare around 2am or what ever it was i dont know really. i had a partial complex when i went to get a migraine pill and...

Created By: ativan4me | 2007-08-19 11:58 | 1 Comment

I had a VEEG after having constant auras/activity aftera major long seizure. The result came back w/:

1-spike activity waxed & waned
2-quasi periodic
3-epilepsy partialis...

Created By: TJS | 2007-08-19 02:02 | 14 Comments

Has anyone experienced musical/auditory hallucinations and were afraid to tell anyone, even your doctor? My hallucinations seemed so real, I was scared to death that I was losing my mind.

Created By: Bret | 2007-08-18 14:32 | 3 Comments

Hi,
I am a 46 yr old male,and was diagnosed with tuberous sclerosis in 1986,which has the seizures as part of the condition.Back then,I was waking up in the bathroom floor,and having grand...

Created By: JGS | 2007-08-17 14:46 | 6 Comments

Hello,
I just joined and have alot of questions. I'm 44 yrs. old and have had temporal lobe seizures since I was 5. Since age 24 the seizures have been controlled fairly well...just auras...

Created By: elizleigh | 2007-08-17 11:13 | 5 Comments

Hi all!

I went to the doctor a couple of days ago and tried to describe to him what some other things I've been experiencing. I was just recently diagnosed as having grand mal seizures but...

Created By: juber | 2007-08-17 07:48 | 3 Comments

Hi there, I had my first seizure around 3 years ago (or so) and had one soon after before being medicated. Whilst on medication (epilim) I was seizure free untilthe beginning of this year. I went...

Created By: sigo2007 | 2007-08-16 21:30 | 0 Comments

I recently had a grand mal seizure and after a cat scan, MRI, and EEG, the doctors have determined that I have absolutely no brain damage or lasting effects from it besides a now presumed lowered...

Created By: SHEREE | 2007-08-16 18:27 | 3 Comments

I had a bad car accident when I was 17 and developed scarred brain tissue. I am 45 yrs old now. My seizures are generalized but I only have bad seizures approximately 4-6 times per year. Most...

Created By: pan06 | 2007-08-15 22:49 | 4 Comments

Is this considered a seizure? I have partial complex seizures.
I work at a doctor's office. Today, I was looking for a chart. I went somewhere to get it. I do remember going to the area, but...

Created By: Utah | 2007-08-15 05:01 | 2 Comments

Hey ya 'all crazies : ) I've had e for 7mos...It came on big and put me in the hospital for three weeks. A few months later I met a woman who's had it all her life and she told me that having...

Created By: ouize | 2007-08-15 01:27 | 8 Comments

Oi-vey. So i'm new to epilepsy, and epilepsy dot com. I diagnosed less than 10 months ago i think with partial complex something or other. Basically i zone out, there is some arm, and tongue...

Created By: AnneGwish | 2007-08-14 16:35 | 1 Comment

what exactly do you guys mean when you describe your deja vu feeling?...you literally feel as if you are reliving that instance? b/c i have had several occasions where i think that a certain...

Created By: tammyp | 2007-08-11 14:04 | 5 Comments

I have a bit of a long story to tell so I hope all will read and help me out Thanks Tammy

Ok here it goes my boyfriend Eddie started having seizures 4 years ago he is now 31. He came...

Created By: gypsyg | 2007-08-11 13:27 | 1 Comment

living with epilepsy isn't easy for me and it can be hard for others but one thing it can do is add stress and then after more seizures. I haven't had a gran mal in about 6 months but I have all...

Created By: banffgirl | 2007-08-10 22:49 | 1 Comment

well evryone, i guess on monday when i hit those shelves at world market i must have went down harder than i have in the past. or the floor was harder lol the left side of my head is still very...

Created By: SassyMindy | 2007-08-10 12:44 | 6 Comments

So lately I have been afraid to sleep because I have seizures when I sleep and also when I wake up. So going to sleep means seizures. I also am so tired I want to sleep all day but I know as...

Created By: ehutch79 | 2007-08-09 12:45 | 0 Comments

After tons of research and questions of my daughter's nuerologist and others, I have come to the conclusion that for the vast majority seizures are nothing more than an embarassment and an...

Created By: Belinda | 2007-08-09 12:35 | 1 Comment

I've been thinking more and more about writing about my life with E.I grew up with it vollunteered at the epilepsy foundation. I married a man who has E but stopped having seizures when he had...

Pages