Community Forum

A place to share questions, concerns, and challenges that adults with epilepsy may face in understanding, managing and living with seizures.

Topic: Living With Epilepsy - Adults

Created By: nguyyen | 2017-09-22 16:55 | 1 Comment

Hi,I have TLE, and I've been seizure-free for over a year (up until last night, I had a nocturnal complex partial). We are all seriously sleep-deprived, since I had my second baby girl 6...

Created By: soccer42 | 2017-09-22 15:59 | 0 Comments

hey there. So I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 15 after having 3 seizures that put me in the hospital my whole life. I have been doing the whole eye flutter thing since I was 3 years old...

Created By: Stephen L | 2017-09-22 12:46 | 3 Comments

Backstory is I had my first seizure when I was 15, grand mal. Had a couple of SP and GM's between then and 18. Never really had any diagnosis or medication or whatever, then they just...

Created By: specialneeds | 2017-09-21 13:14 | 0 Comments

Hi

I recently decided to try taking class doing welding. I haven't had seizures for quite a while and want to take up a trade where I can earn a good wage. One my first day of class...

Created By: ConverseSnow | 2017-09-20 07:24 | 0 Comments

Fairly simple question- I'm terrified of listening to certain songs. When audio switches quickly from the left ear to the right, and back and forth- Like in the intro to THIS song: https://...

Created By: gcook | 2017-09-19 18:28 | 3 Comments

I am 54 years old and have been taking meds for my epilepsy for 44 years. For the past 5 years I have one Atypical seizure about every 21 days. 2 months ago I lost my wife and am still grieving....

Created By: londongirl | 2017-09-19 08:21 | 1 Comment

Hi my name is Amy and for the past year I have been having these bizarre symptoms once in a while that i simply dismissed as a panic attack provoked by my anxiety. Usually, these 'attacks...

Created By: cancun01 | 2017-09-18 23:46 | 0 Comments

I have absence status Epilepticus. I was diagnosed with vertigo epilepsy at 8 yrs old. I was started on Dilantin. I had horrible side effects and the seizures continued. The seizure consisted...

Created By: cancun01 | 2017-09-18 23:26 | 1 Comment

Test

Created By: BombshellKell | 2017-09-18 17:02 | 1 Comment

Hey guys. I have visual seizures maybe once a month, where I lose focus in my vision and keep swallowing over and over again while having a bunch of random thoughts (none violent or anything, just...

Created By: Hereforq | 2017-09-16 21:56 | 0 Comments

Hello, I've had no history of epilepsy in my family and I have never had a seizure in my life until the age 26. I will start with my sleepwalking since it's what I think started all of...

Created By: Dianarlove19 | 2017-09-16 02:26 | 5 Comments

I am a graduate student pursing a degree to become a school counselor, LPC (license practicing nurse), Sac, student assistant coordinator, and a drug and alcohol counselor. I will complete my...

Created By: Cynthia.deleonromo | 2017-09-14 18:15 | 2 Comments

Hi everyone I'm Cynthia I'm 21 and just got diagnosed with epilepsy. It's very hard for me at the moment. I can't seem to find help I can't get a doctor to see me without...

Created By: Mbstubbs | 2017-09-14 12:51 | 3 Comments

I just recently had a seizure for the first time in seven years and now my doctor said I can't drive for six months.

In the past, I was a teenager and still very dependent on my...

Created By: tnorm | 2017-09-13 17:18 | 2 Comments

I just had my annual evaluation at work today, and on the evaluation paperwork it actually says that I was docked points for an overall lower score and a much lower pay raise because I need...

Created By: VeronicaA | 2017-09-12 07:34 | 4 Comments

Out of the blue I had a tonic-clonic seizure on May 27 and another on July 30... I only just recently got into see a neurologist who, after arranging EEG and MRI, diagnosed me with TLE.
We...

Created By: jack wilson | 2017-09-12 03:44 | 0 Comments

Hi im 20 years old and new to this forum. Ive had partial seizures for the last 3 years and I'm coming up on my second surgery, I take a bunch of medicine and its really hard to see the...

Created By: saraejo27 | 2017-09-11 14:23 | 0 Comments

Hi Everyone! Has anyone experienced memory loss because of epilepsy? I have JME but wasn't diagnosed until after I had three grand-mals in early adulthood. After figuring everything out, I...

Created By: Regency | 2017-09-07 21:45 | 1 Comment

Hi all,
I am in my late 40's and was diagnosed with epilepsy 10 years ago. It has been under reasonable control, but only with many changes to medication. I still have seizures at...

Created By: Dunner | 2017-08-21 11:29 | 0 Comments

Hi, I have LTL epilepsy. Every time I have a seizure, the next day my ears totally dry out. They crack and bleed. My Dr. Says he has never heard of that. Does anyone else have this happen?

Our Mission

The mission of the Epilepsy Foundation is to lead the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures, and save lives.

24/7 helpline