The Epilepsy Community Forums are closed, and the information is archived. The content in this section may not be current or apply to all situations. In addition, forum questions and responses include information and content that has been generated by epilepsy community members. This content is not moderated. The information on these pages should not be substituted for medical advice from a healthcare provider. Experiences with epilepsy can vary greatly on an individual basis. Please contact your doctor or medical team if you have any questions about your situation. For more information, learn about epilepsy or visit our resources section.

Unrealistic 2007 Hopes

Fri, 01/12/2007 - 10:20
If you're like me, you begin every new year with several "hope this will happen" items. One of mine always has to do with fewer and milder seizures. And that hope is sensible, sure, but then aren't we sometimes quite hard on ourselves when "E" hits us unexpectedly, or we'll find we have an especially weird seizure? I'm like that, and will often spend far too much time philosophizing about a physical occurrence that was most likely going to hit me, whether or not I'd prayed for it to get lost. Maybe I'm being taught a bit of a lesson this year, because during the first week of 2007 I had a debilitating seizure. That, along with the stomach virus that's going 'round, had me pretty low--physically and psychologically. Ah well, maybe I'd miss these "surprises." Whatever, Happy New Year! George

Comments

Re: Unrealistic 2007 Hopes

Submitted by colina on Fri, 2007-01-12 - 14:38
George, sorry to hear about your unexpected seizure and flu. I have the flu too soooo great big hugs.lol. Maybe starting the year out like this means the rest can only get better. I'm finaly learning to live day by day. Hope you get better soon.

Re: Re: Unrealistic 2007 Hopes

Submitted by JBJ1984 on Fri, 2007-01-12 - 15:39
George I am sorry to hear about your recent flue bug and seizure as well. I have had the intestinal flu since monday so I understand what you are going through. Hang in there.

Re: Unrealistic 2007 Hopes

Submitted by aquila316 on Fri, 2007-01-12 - 16:43
Hi George, otherwise how are you doing? I hope you are feeling better, having the flu is really no fun at all. I am SO sorry about the sz, I know how you feel since the one I had last September. I just wanted to say also that I was hoping for a sz free year in 2007 and so far it's been TERRIBLE. It's only the 12th, and I have had partials all week long, and I can definately sympathize with you and Colina both. I guess it's back to the doctor, and even more meds...fun fun fun. I just hope I don't have another secondarily generalized after a partial like the one I had before, I don't think I'd make it through another. HUGS, and well wishes!!!! Susan

Stay up to date with the latest epilepsy news, stories from the community, and more.