Neurologists Specializing in Seizure Disorders--where can I find the specific specialist?


           I have previously seen neurologists in my area for my condition. However, I would like to try to find a neurologist who is specifically trained and educated in seizures as their main focus. Where can I find this specific type of speciailist? Are there any websites that anyone here can suggest?




Re: Neurologists Specializing in Seizure Disorders...

One website that should be helpful

Bruce (I'm not a doctor, but instead, an epilepsy support group leader, epilepsy advocate, who has epilepsy.)

Re: Neurologists Specializing in Seizure Disorders

i believe what your looking for is an epileptoligist.  which ive been told is a neurologists who specializes in seizure disorders


If you understand, things are just as they are. If you don't understand, things are just as they are.




Re:Neurologists Specializing in Seizure Disorders

There's a Newly Updated Comprehensive List of GOOD Neurologists…Epileptologists…Neurosurgeons…and Pediatric Doctors based upon eforum members' positive personal experiences with their docs.

Hope this is helpful!

Phylis Feiner Johnson

Neurologists Specializing in Seizure Disorders

Hi Gina,

I commend you for seeking out an epilepsy specialist (epileptologist).  I dealt with so many incompetent neurologists before being properly diagnosed by an epileptologist.  Check out and you'll find a listing of epilepsy centers in the U.S. that have epileptologist on staff.  I see my epileptologist at the UC San Francisco epilepsy center.

Take care,